Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless and Wired bridge

Wireless and Wired bridge

=?Utf-8?B?Zmx1ZmZ5IHRoZSB3b25kZXIga2l0dGVu?=

I have a XP Pro Machine in the office and I have our internet connection and
a remote server connected through a wireless NIC, I connected a couple of
printers to the wired nic in the same PC, both have static IP's. When I
enable the wired nic I can't access the internet, if I disable it I can. The
machines on the wired nic print fine. I tried to bridge the connections but
got a message that one or both nics are using internet connection sharing so
I can't bridge them. Is there a workaround for this or am I not doing
something correctly. Thanks.
--
Fluffy

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
Two NICs can not work in one computer and belong to the same Network.

One simple solution is to take the Wireless NIC out of the Computer. Then bridge the
Wireless with Driverless Bridge plugged into a Switch together with the remote computer
and the printers.

Look at situation two on this page: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"fluffy the wonder kitten" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...