Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290 exam tips

70-290 exam tips

stevo

I Plan to do the exam v.soon and wondered if anyones done
it yet , either passed or failed, so i can get an idea of
what its like.
cheers

Walter

I've passed 70-290 at Prometric.
100 question in 120 minutes (pre/post survey questions
included)
Focus your study on Backup/Recovery, Permission and HW
Devices in particular.
Good Luck.

SkydiveGuy

One thing I have always noticed is every time somone asks
about this exam.... people are always responding that it
is "more difficult than expected" and they all mention
items to "make sure you study for"

I have yet to take this exam and have been preparing for a
few weeks now.... but it seems that most of the people
making comments seem to take this based on the Server W2K
version of this exam and are surprised at how it is
different.

WHY SHOULDN'T IT BE DIFFERENT!? It is a completely
different OS!

Is it hard due to lack of being prepared or hard because
the study materials and books are not adequate enough?

I think people are weaker and stronger in different
aspects of this exam so it will always be different to
different people.... the only thing that remains
consistant is the material all added together from all
reviews is basically what the Microsoft website mentions
is on the exam as far as objectives.

There have been a few reviews out there that say there are
some scripting items that are not mentioned in any books
so I am on the lookout for that stuff.(by the way... if
they promote this OS as a "rich GUI environment" why is
there so much command line crap to learn???)

Basically I am making sure I KNOW the OS before taking
this exam.

Oh yeah... why would the last reviewer include the
pre/post questions and time in the post? Gimmie a break.

People want to know how long they have to complete the
parts of the test they HAVE to pass.... I am going to
assume it is the same (or close to) what the 70-210 exam
was that I took 4 weeks ago: 50 questions and a 2:30 time
limit.

Dave

Just passed 70-290. 45 questions\90 minutes.
It's hard because although I studied 3 manuals, technet and online help
along with using 2003 in a live environment for the last 3 months there were
still some questions on stuff I had not come across. Can't be more specific,
obviously.
I would say I know 2003 server very well but some of the questions had quite
obscure answers.

Good luck.

news:081901c3c056$e51b7c10$(E-Mail Removed)...

Tom Helms [MSFT]

Congratulations!!

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

newsgroup purposes only."

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just passed 70-290. 45 questions\90 minutes.
> It's hard because although I studied 3 manuals, technet and online help
> along with using 2003 in a live environment for the last 3 months there

were
> still some questions on stuff I had not come across. Can't be more

specific,
> obviously.
> I would say I know 2003 server very well but some of the questions had

quite
> obscure answers.
>
> Good luck.
>

> "SkydiveGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:081901c3c056$e51b7c10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > One thing I have always noticed is every time somone asks
> > about this exam.... people are always responding that it
> > is "more difficult than expected" and they all mention
> > items to "make sure you study for"
> >
> > I have yet to take this exam and have been preparing for a
> > few weeks now.... but it seems that most of the people
> > making comments seem to take this based on the Server W2K
> > version of this exam and are surprised at how it is
> > different.
> >
> > WHY SHOULDN'T IT BE DIFFERENT!? It is a completely
> > different OS!
> >
> > Is it hard due to lack of being prepared or hard because
> > the study materials and books are not adequate enough?
> >
> > I think people are weaker and stronger in different
> > aspects of this exam so it will always be different to
> > different people.... the only thing that remains
> > consistant is the material all added together from all
> > reviews is basically what the Microsoft website mentions
> > is on the exam as far as objectives.
> >
> > There have been a few reviews out there that say there are
> > some scripting items that are not mentioned in any books
> > so I am on the lookout for that stuff.(by the way... if
> > they promote this OS as a "rich GUI environment" why is
> > there so much command line crap to learn???)
> >
> > Basically I am making sure I KNOW the OS before taking
> > this exam.
> >
> > Oh yeah... why would the last reviewer include the
> > pre/post questions and time in the post? Gimmie a break.
> >
> > People want to know how long they have to complete the
> > parts of the test they HAVE to pass.... I am going to
> > assume it is the same (or close to) what the 70-210 exam
> > was that I took 4 weeks ago: 50 questions and a 2:30 time
> > limit.

MCSE World

Congrats on the pass!

Best,