Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Question: Invoking custom file type (file associated with custom app)

Question: Invoking custom file type (file associated with custom app)

VB Programmer

I have a custom file type ("PWA" extension.) It's just a text file with
some text created by the web server.

When my web page redirects to one of these pages I want to auto launch a
local app. (This action similar to PDF files. When I access a PDF file in
IE it opens it automatically in Acrobat.)

I created the file association manually, but when I response.redirect to the
PWA file it displays it in IE, rather than open it using my custom app.

Any ideas?

Axel Dahmen

You must add a corresponding mime type to the file extension in IIS. For
further details the IIS newsgroup is just the right place to query.

HTH,
Axel Dahmen

news:O#(E-Mail Removed)...