Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > What is the 70-210 Exam really like ?

Reply
Thread Tools

What is the 70-210 Exam really like ?

 
 
Paul Rouse
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-07-2003
I've got 2 different books

Microsoft - Windows 2000 Pro - Readiness Review

and

Mike Myers Passport - Windows 2000

both come with CDs with test Q's on etc. Now the M/Soft one is very good and
plain and simple in terms of the practice Q's but the other one is very
tricky and includes questions that talk about OU's etc.

I've also used some free tools from MeasureUp.com and examdrill.com and both
these had lots of Q's involving Domains and OU's etc.

I was led to believe that the 70-210 exam mainly focuses on WIN2K in a
workgroup environment and that you dont need to know a lot about Group
Policy/OU's/Domains etc etc.

Can anyone help - I am looking to take the exam at a prometric test centre
soon - which of the 2 books and other resources I've used most closely
resembles the real thing ?

As I'm close to booking but dont want to waste my entry fee if I'm not fully
prepared (I would also rather not spend any more cash or additional
resources if at all possible).

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Paul Rouse


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
simon whale
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-07-2003
Paul,

I recently took the exam, the subjects that i found in the exam we as
follows

Installing windows
Implementing and configuring resources
Implementation, config and troubleshooting of hardware
Monitoring and optimizing system resources
Config and troubleshooting the desktop
Imlpementing and troubleshooting network connections (both LAN and
workgroup)
Security

I found that the questions had been related to a more work based
enivornment, such as Jeff the administrator had done blah before he left the
company what do you do. The exam subjects will cover anything that can
possibley be completed with Windows 2000 Pro, so i would make sure that you
understand about Networks, group policies, local policies etc. Personaly i
belive there is a fair amount of info that you need to cover and understand.

hope this helps
Simon
"Paul Rouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got 2 different books
>
> Microsoft - Windows 2000 Pro - Readiness Review
>
> and
>
> Mike Myers Passport - Windows 2000
>
> both come with CDs with test Q's on etc. Now the M/Soft one is very good

and
> plain and simple in terms of the practice Q's but the other one is very
> tricky and includes questions that talk about OU's etc.
>
> I've also used some free tools from MeasureUp.com and examdrill.com and

both
> these had lots of Q's involving Domains and OU's etc.
>
> I was led to believe that the 70-210 exam mainly focuses on WIN2K in a
> workgroup environment and that you dont need to know a lot about Group
> Policy/OU's/Domains etc etc.
>
> Can anyone help - I am looking to take the exam at a prometric test centre
> soon - which of the 2 books and other resources I've used most closely
> resembles the real thing ?
>
> As I'm close to booking but dont want to waste my entry fee if I'm not

fully
> prepared (I would also rather not spend any more cash or additional
> resources if at all possible).
>
> Thanks for any help you may offer.
>
> Paul Rouse
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Murphy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-07-2003
Hi!
Try www.mcsebraindumps.com and You will see.
Good luck!

Mur



"Paul Rouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got 2 different books
>
> Microsoft - Windows 2000 Pro - Readiness Review
>
> and
>
> Mike Myers Passport - Windows 2000
>
> both come with CDs with test Q's on etc. Now the M/Soft one is very good

and
> plain and simple in terms of the practice Q's but the other one is very
> tricky and includes questions that talk about OU's etc.
>
> I've also used some free tools from MeasureUp.com and examdrill.com and

both
> these had lots of Q's involving Domains and OU's etc.
>
> I was led to believe that the 70-210 exam mainly focuses on WIN2K in a
> workgroup environment and that you dont need to know a lot about Group
> Policy/OU's/Domains etc etc.
>
> Can anyone help - I am looking to take the exam at a prometric test centre
> soon - which of the 2 books and other resources I've used most closely
> resembles the real thing ?
>
> As I'm close to booking but dont want to waste my entry fee if I'm not

fully
> prepared (I would also rather not spend any more cash or additional
> resources if at all possible).
>
> Thanks for any help you may offer.
>
> Paul Rouse
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-07-2003

"Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> Try www.braindumpsareforlusers.com and You will see.


I fixed your URL for you.

Now get back under the bridge.

J.R. Jones
A+ Net+ MCSA MCNGP#..................................42


 
Reply With Quote
 
Murphy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-08-2003
Did I say anything wrong? It's not for learning or even cheating, but it's
good when You are prepared and have nothing to do the eve before. OR (as
this guy asked) for an idea what types of questions are there in the test.

FYI: I found it a week before my last exam.

Mur


"JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi!
> > Try www.braindumpsareforlusers.com and You will see.

>
> I fixed your URL for you.
>
> Now get back under the bridge.
>
> J.R. Jones
> A+ Net+ MCSA MCNGP#..................................42
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
FrisbeeŽ MCNGP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-08-2003
"Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did I say anything wrong?


No, but you typed something wrong.

> It's not for learning or even cheating,


You're half right.

> but it's
> good when You are prepared and have nothing to do the eve before.


Nothing to do the eve before? Sigh... I'm bored... test tomorrow. Think
I'll cheat.

> OR (as
> this guy asked) for an idea what types of questions are there in the test.


There are legitimate sources for that.

> FYI: I found it a week before my last exam.


I'll bet your mother's so proud. You -seem- like a nice enough guy, but
you're horribly misguided.

> Mur


Fris

--
Fris "I guess I need to post more incorrect answers on that site" beeŽ MCNGP
#13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCAD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM



Advertisments