Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Low-budget MCSA

Low-budget MCSA

Bob

Any suggestions about training materials for MCSA? I may
have some training money comming my way, but want to spend
it wisely. Thinking of Microsoft MCSA series, plus
Transcert exams/flash (videos?) and Que Exam Gear. Thanks
for your help.

Murphy

Hi!
I did my MCSE only using M$ "blue kits" (official M$ course materials).

Mur

news:0ac301c38c92$89b54ce0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any suggestions about training materials for MCSA? I may
> have some training money comming my way, but want to spend
> it wisely. Thinking of Microsoft MCSA series, plus
> Transcert exams/flash (videos?) and Que Exam Gear. Thanks
> for your help.

JaR

"Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> I did my MCSE only using M$ "blue kits" (official M$ course materials).

I used Syngress and other books checked out from local library, Measure-ups,
and an inexpensive home net with 1 Athlon and three old P11 boxen with a
$30.00 4 port switch.

But I'm a cheap sucker ;->

J.R. Jones
A+ Net+ MCSA MCNGP #............................42

FrisbeeŽ MCNGP

"Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> I did my MCSE only using M$ "blue kits" (official M$ course materials).
>
> Mur

That's not entirely true, now is it, Mur?

--
Fris "The Czech's in the male" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Noyield

Good question....I am wondering the same thing. I want to
get my mcsa but I am wondering whether to go the self
study route or to take classes. If anyone has any insight
into this it would be greatly appreciated. I am on a bit
of a budget.

Lady

Try self-study first. If that doesn't work, then take classes. If you visit
www.amazon.com you can purchase MS Press Training Kits for the exams you
want.

Afterwards, visit purchase some good practice questions like
www.selftestsoftware.com or www.measureup.com to get and understanding of
the exam format.

"Noyield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:060901c390c7$4730ad90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good question....I am wondering the same thing. I want to
> get my mcsa but I am wondering whether to go the self
> study route or to take classes. If anyone has any insight
> into this it would be greatly appreciated. I am on a bit
> of a budget.

Good advice...Thanks to all.

Bob