Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > When will 2000 retire?

When will 2000 retire?

JDS

When will they retire the 2000 MCSE exams?

Japes

MS is the only one who knows when and I don't think they do at present, so
easier questions to answer would be,
How longs a piece of string?
Why do Americans butcher the English Language?
How does a thermos flash know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold?

--
Regards

Japes

Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?

"JDS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0bd401c3797c$9b576f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When will they retire the 2000 MCSE exams?

roYal

i have actually contacted Microsoft about htis. They said, they always say
when they're going to retire the exams 1 year ahead of time in June. Since
they didn't announce anything this June, we have till next June to find out
if they're going to. So if they announce it in June 2004, the MCSE 2000
will no longer be available in June 2005. Lets hope they don't announce
anything next June, so we'll still have a couple of years. From this point,
we have about 1 year 8 months at least before they can expire it.

- roYal

"JDS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0bd401c3797c$9b576f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When will they retire the 2000 MCSE exams?

Dev Lunsford

When the exams expire, what happens? is it just that you can't take MCSE
2000 exams anymore? if you already have the full MCSE, you keep it...?
what if you have half of one, what can you do?

I do plan to be done by then, but I was just wondering what would happen if
you hadn't taken all the exams. I guess that's why they give you so much
warning.

-dev...

"roYal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i have actually contacted Microsoft about htis. They said, they always

say
> when they're going to retire the exams 1 year ahead of time in June.

Since
> they didn't announce anything this June, we have till next June to find

out
> if they're going to. So if they announce it in June 2004, the MCSE 2000
> will no longer be available in June 2005. Lets hope they don't announce
> anything next June, so we'll still have a couple of years. From this

point,
> we have about 1 year 8 months at least before they can expire it.
>
> - roYal
>
> "JDS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0bd401c3797c$9b576f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When will they retire the 2000 MCSE exams?

Ken Rosen [MS]

When the exams retire, they're no longer available to take. If you've passed
the exam, you retain your certification.

We don't have any plans to retire the Windows 2000 exams in the near future.

--
Ken Rosen
Product Manager

news:EIV8b.573$(E-Mail Removed)...