Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Question About 70-290 Test Prep

Question About 70-290 Test Prep

Brian

Hi,

Is it possible to setup a test box for the 70-290 test (using Microsoft
Press 70-290 book) without making it a domain controller? The only spare box
I have will set it up as it says in the book but I loose all connection to
my LAN's internet and I can't share files. I cannot create any "forests or
trees" on our LAN and using the default settings as stated on page 1-18, it
creates it below our IP range and I can't talk to any other box. It isn't a
total requirement that I share files while studying this material but I
don't want to have to radically change things. Could I just "get by" by
studying the examples when it comes to OU's, domain security, etc?

Thanks,
Brian

MCSE World

You could do a large part of your studies without having an Active Directory
domain, although I am not quite sure as to why you cannot set one up though.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to setup a test box for the 70-290 test (using Microsoft
> Press 70-290 book) without making it a domain controller? The only spare

box
> I have will set it up as it says in the book but I loose all connection to
> my LAN's internet and I can't share files. I cannot create any "forests or
> trees" on our LAN and using the default settings as stated on page 1-18,

it
> creates it below our IP range and I can't talk to any other box. It isn't

> total requirement that I share files while studying this material but I
> don't want to have to radically change things. Could I just "get by" by
> studying the examples when it comes to OU's, domain security, etc?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Maestro

You can modify some of the parameters so that they fit
your environment and still give you the intended
functionality.