Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290 Microsoft Press Book Question

Reply
Thread Tools

70-290 Microsoft Press Book Question

 
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2003
In the Microsoft Press 7-290 study book on page 1-18, it says in step 4 to
click "typical configuration for a First Server and click next". I am not
seeing this option. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Brian


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
MCSE World
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2003
Do you have any other servers on the network already?

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com



"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In the Microsoft Press 7-290 study book on page 1-18, it says in step 4 to
> click "typical configuration for a First Server and click next". I am not
> seeing this option. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2003
Yes..since I am already on a LAN, it wouldn't let me do what the book asks
unless I unhook from the network. I wonder if I could still "get by" by not
installing my test machine as a domain and just study the examples in the
book?

"MCSE World" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have any other servers on the network already?
>
> Best,
> Will
> www.mcseworld.com
>
>
>
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In the Microsoft Press 7-290 study book on page 1-18, it says in step 4

to
> > click "typical configuration for a First Server and click next". I am

not
> > seeing this option. Am I doing something wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brian
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
MCSE World
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2003
Sure, you can get by, you just won't get the full experience.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com



"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes..since I am already on a LAN, it wouldn't let me do what the book asks
> unless I unhook from the network. I wonder if I could still "get by" by

not
> installing my test machine as a domain and just study the examples in the
> book?
>
> "MCSE World" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Do you have any other servers on the network already?
> >
> > Best,
> > Will
> > www.mcseworld.com
> >
> >
> >
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > In the Microsoft Press 7-290 study book on page 1-18, it says in step

4
> to
> > > click "typical configuration for a First Server and click next". I am

> not
> > > seeing this option. Am I doing something wrong?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Brian
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2003
Thanks..either I'll study the book or see how far I can push that old
Packard Bell in my closet..

"MCSE World" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sure, you can get by, you just won't get the full experience.
>
> Best,
> Will
> www.mcseworld.com
>
>
>
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes..since I am already on a LAN, it wouldn't let me do what the book

asks
> > unless I unhook from the network. I wonder if I could still "get by" by

> not
> > installing my test machine as a domain and just study the examples in

the
> > book?
> >
> > "MCSE World" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Do you have any other servers on the network already?
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Will
> > > www.mcseworld.com
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > In the Microsoft Press 7-290 study book on page 1-18, it says in

step
> 4
> > to
> > > > click "typical configuration for a First Server and click next". I

am
> > not
> > > > seeing this option. Am I doing something wrong?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Brian
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
MCSE World
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2003
Ehhh, you said Packard Hell....

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com



"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks..either I'll study the book or see how far I can push that old
> Packard Bell in my closet..
>
> "MCSE World" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sure, you can get by, you just won't get the full experience.
> >
> > Best,
> > Will
> > www.mcseworld.com
> >
> >
> >
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Yes..since I am already on a LAN, it wouldn't let me do what the book

> asks
> > > unless I unhook from the network. I wonder if I could still "get by"

by
> > not
> > > installing my test machine as a domain and just study the examples in

> the
> > > book?
> > >
> > > "MCSE World" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > Do you have any other servers on the network already?
> > > >
> > > > Best,
> > > > Will
> > > > www.mcseworld.com
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > > In the Microsoft Press 7-290 study book on page 1-18, it says in

> step
> > 4
> > > to
> > > > > click "typical configuration for a First Server and click next". I

> am
> > > not
> > > > > seeing this option. Am I doing something wrong?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Brian
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jtyc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2003
> Ehhh, you said Packard Hell....

In all fairness to Packard Bell, their customers were'nt the most computer
savvy.


 
Reply With Quote
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2003
"Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ehhh, you said Packard Hell....

>
> In all fairness to Packard Bell, their customers were'nt the most computer
> savvy.
>
>


Speaking as one who had the great misfortune to own a Packard-Hell, neither
were the ones who designed, built, or maintained the fscking things.

To add insult to injury, the 45 min to 1.5 hr wait on the phone for "tech
support" was rediculous.

The one good part is, after the alleged warranty ran out, I got lots of
practice in diagnostics and repair on the thing, and it still is part of my
home net.


--
J.R. Jones
A+ Net+ MCSA MCNGP#..............42
J.R.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jtyc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2003
> Speaking as one who had the great misfortune to own a Packard-Hell,
neither
> were the ones who designed, built, or maintained the fscking things.


All Packard Bells were built with Intel boards and chips for the most part.
PB did build the boards sometimes but they were designed by Intel. The
Aztec sound card/modems were subpar but the only real design flaw with them
were the cases in my opinion.

> To add insult to injury, the 45 min to 1.5 hr wait on the phone for "tech
> support" was rediculous.


When you are the first company to sell your computers in Walmart, you get a
ton of sales. The problem is, a lot of those people were utterly clueless.
I mean... totally clueless. And all these people called and bogged down the
phones.

I'm not trying to make excuses for PB, they built a bad reputation early on
and could never recover from it.

The lesson here: Don't **** off your customers or they won't return.


 
Reply With Quote
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2003

"Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...


Bought mine from Sears, 60mz P1. Sound card died in less than a month.
Replaced under warranty.

Two weeks later sound card died again. Returned to Sears, exchanged for
75mz.

Two weeks later, Hard drive crashed, spent two days trying to get help from
PB, said fsck it, I'm getting my money back and buying a Dell. Sears
convinces me to try again, upgrade to a 160 mz @ no charge

Runs great for 6 months, then won't boot. RAM failure, Ah, what the heck, I
wanted an excuse to upgrade from 16 megs anyway. Install two 32 meg sticks.

1 month later, CD goes kaput. Oh, well, I wanted a faster one anyway.

Warranty expires.

Hard drive crashes.

Power supply fails.

Modem quits.

Ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Yup, that machine was a learning experience. Hell, I oughta list Packard
Bell on my resume.

--
J.R. Jones
A+ Net+ MCSA PHCR[0] MCNGP#..............42


[0] Packard Hell Certified


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM
microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms,microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb Charles A. Lackman ASP .Net 1 12-08-2004 07:08 PM



Advertisments