Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > paper cert?

paper cert?

roYal

I'm newer to the certs, i just passed 70-270 though. My question is, what
defines paper cert people? People who have no experience and just study out
of a book that have no experience, or people who use braindumps?

licknlabia

the latter.

"roYal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I'm newer to the certs, i just passed 70-270 though. My question is, what
defines paper cert people? People who have no experience and just study out
of a book that have no experience, or people who use braindumps?

SWE

i would say both. somebody who doesn't have legitimate hands-on experience.
you can always back that up with studying books and practicing questions.
but if you don't spend time working with the product, then i'd consider that
paper.

"licknlabia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
the latter.

"roYal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I'm newer to the certs, i just passed 70-270 though. My question is, what
defines paper cert people? People who have no experience and just study out
of a book that have no experience, or people who use braindumps?

Japes

IMHO

the difference isn't written in stone. Just about everyone agrees braindumps
certs are paper certs (to my knowledge the only people who disagree have
achieved their certs using braindumps). If you've studied, using books and
hands on with the material in a lab environment, then its a grey area.
Nobody is let loose on live systems without experience these days, at the
very least the cert with lab experience shows ability to do the work. Its
then a matter of getting "real" world experience to back up the cert.
In reality its best to get the experience then get the cert and that's MUCH
easier said than done.

--
Regards

Japes

Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?

roYal

it's very hard in the today's world though. People with the certs and
experience are getting laid off. For me, i have a few months experience
working on domains. I have a leab setup in my house practicing what i learn
from books. I hope this doesn't count as me being a paper cert. For right
now, i'm not really studying exam books so i can gain the knowledge of just
what i need to know for the exams. I read, so i can gain as much knowledge
as i can. Once i gain a lot of knowledge, i'll prolly start reading some
smaller books on exam stuff, and then take the exams. This is my goal, and
hopefully it's a good one.
BTW, my lab consists of 2 computers. Not much, but it helps me navigate
through everything, and helps me learn the OS as much as possible.

"Japes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> IMHO
>
> the difference isn't written in stone. Just about everyone agrees

braindumps
> certs are paper certs (to my knowledge the only people who disagree have
> achieved their certs using braindumps). If you've studied, using books and
> hands on with the material in a lab environment, then its a grey area.
> Nobody is let loose on live systems without experience these days, at the
> very least the cert with lab experience shows ability to do the work. Its
> then a matter of getting "real" world experience to back up the cert.
> In reality its best to get the experience then get the cert and that's

MUCH
> easier said than done.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Japes
>
> Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?

spiker

paper cert can be either. The key is whether you can do
the actual work; that is, if you can survive ib the
trenches. If you can Ace the exam but don't know how to
perform the tasks, don't know what a floppy drive is,
think the drink holder in your computer is cool, then your
a paper cert

MCSE World

I guess the correct terms might acually be "paper cert" and "vapor cert".
Someone with exams passed but with little real world experience might well
be a paper cert, but given a little time and some guidance will do well in
most cases. On the other hand, your brainumpers are just lame and will
screw you over in a heartbeat due to their massive ignorance.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"roYal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm newer to the certs, i just passed 70-270 though. My question is, what
> defines paper cert people? People who have no experience and just study

out
> of a book that have no experience, or people who use braindumps?

HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD YOURSELVES, ITS LIKE AN OLD FOLKS MEETINGS OF SORE
LOOSERS, YES IN-EXPERIENCED PEEPS ARE JOINING IT - AND EVERY OTHER INDUSTRY
IN THE WORLD GET USED TO IT, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE COMPETITION I AM 20 A SYS
ADMIN WITH 2 MCP'S AND BEEN WORKING IN I.T. SINCE I WAS 16! I FACE THE "YOUR
TOO YOUNG" LOOK EVERYDAY IT ANNOYS ME THAT PEOPLE GET A JOB AND DONT KNOW
WHAT THERE DOING, BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THE EMPLOYER IS IN THE WRONG TOO
FOR PICKING THE WRONG PERSON FOR THE JOB IF HE ISNT THAT GOOD HE WILL BE
FIRED!! EASY.

USING THOSE THINGS TO GIVE PEOPLE AN IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT...IS THIS WRONG YOU
BOUGHT BOOKS WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER WITH THE ANSWERS IN THE BACK SO WHERE DO
WE DRAW THE LINE!?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE THERE MCP EXAMS I DON'T USE THE BRAIN-DUMPS
BUT TO WHINE ABOUT THEM IS NO USE.

CONCENTRATE HARDER AND EVENTUALLY JUSTICE WILL PROVALE!

MY 2cents hehe

"MCSE World" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I guess the correct terms might acually be "paper cert" and "vapor cert".
> Someone with exams passed but with little real world experience might well
> be a paper cert, but given a little time and some guidance will do well in
> most cases. On the other hand, your brainumpers are just lame and will
> screw you over in a heartbeat due to their massive ignorance.
>
> Best,
> Will
> www.mcseworld.com
>

> "roYal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm newer to the certs, i just passed 70-270 though. My question is,

what
> > defines paper cert people? People who have no experience and just study

> out
> > of a book that have no experience, or people who use braindumps?

Japes

> HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD YOURSELVES,

No because we can't hear ourselves above your SHOUTING........ Turn off the
CAPS lock and we may even listen to you.
--
Regards

Japes

Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?

licknlabia

your caps lock key is broken, and you must be an AOL user.

-