Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-227 vs Security +

70-227 vs Security +

TM

Anyone have any thoughts on the 70-227 (Installing,
Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Internet Security
and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, Enterprise Edition)
test versus the Comptia Security + test? I think they will
both count towards an MCSE and the MCSA specializations
track. Just looking for comments from experienced souls
that may have taken one or the other.
Thanks in advance
TM

Lady

I agree. When I add security to my MCSA & MCSE, I plan on taking the
Security+ path for those same reasons.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> TM,
> I am currently on the MCSA security MCSE security. I decided to go ahead

and
> use my Comptia Network + and A+ to get the MCSA under my belt. I am

planning
> to upgrade it after I finish my MCSE. There has been some discussion here
> that having all MCSE test is better. I am currently thinking that the
> Security + is better for me. I say this for three reasons
>
> 1) I have looked at an additional Non MS certification that list this as a
> prerequisite
> 2) It is a vendor neutral test i.e. it shows that you understand aspects

of
> security which are applicable to multiple vendors.
> 3) It provides another certification to list on your resume.
>
> Really it all comes down to what you want.
>
> Rick

TM

All good thoughts on the suject. The vender neutral aspect
is probably better when viewed by people in the know. I
have A+ and Network + already and have noticed when
talking to recruiter types, instead of technical people,
the Microsoft name seems to carry more weight. Most
haven't heard of Comptia, and you have to explain what it
is, and what it's all about. I need a little break from
testing, but when I start back up I probably will go the
Security + route.
Thanks for the input
TM

Rick

Royal,

As I said in my previous post I have attended the Official Microsoft class
for ISA, the exam should not be that difficult based on the course content.
If you can pass the 70-216 exam the ISA exam should not be a major hurdle to
cross. This is just my humble O so take it for what it is worth.

PS
I should add that I have hands on experience all the way back to proxy 1.0
as we have been using it at work since its release.

Rick