Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > MCSA or MCSE?

MCSA or MCSE?

crookiz

I just recently became A+ and Net+ certified. I am now
trying to figure out if I should go for the MCSA or MCSE.
Any advice or insight would be helpful. How much more
does an MCSE weigh in the field? Am i wasting m time if i
go for the MCSA? Should I go for the big one? Please
help, thanks in advance.

James D. Murray

Although the MCSE builds on the exams you'll take for the MCSA, Microsoft
does consider these to be two seperate certifications. So time-wise, it is
best to get the MCSA first and then go on for the MCSE. With your A+ and N+
all you need is to do is pass 70-210, 70-215, and 70-218 and you are an
MCSA. These 70-* exams also apply towards the MCSE.

Oh, and you need to submit the form at
http://www.comptia.org/certification...ignup_form.asp after you become
an MCP.

"crookiz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:071401c371ca$ca343f20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just recently became A+ and Net+ certified. I am now
> trying to figure out if I should go for the MCSA or MCSE.
> Any advice or insight would be helpful. How much more
> does an MCSE weigh in the field? Am i wasting m time if i
> go for the MCSA? Should I go for the big one? Please
> help, thanks in advance.

roYal

there are also, security and messaging mcse and mcsa exams. It'll take you
longer then a regular mcse though. Also, especiall if you're planning on
upgrading the the mcse2003. This could be a long time. Personally, over a
course of a long time, i plan on getting mcsa/mcse in both security and
messaging and upgrading them to 2k3. Will take a while though, but the
knowledge after will be worth it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...