Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Re: Binary to ASCII formula?

Re: Binary to ASCII formula?

Dean Marcus

No replies, OT I guess or just a BS topic?

"Dean Marcus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WR41b.7840$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Ive got the table that shows Binary and how it converts to ACSII.
>
> Ive figured a formula out to convert them, rather than memorising them.

Let
> me explain.
>
> This is what I have so far....
>
> -A symbol number (1-9) will start in binary as 0011****
> -Symbol Uppercase will start 0100*** and would be 0101*** if the letter is

> or over.
> -Symbol lowercase would be 0110*** or again 0111**** if p or over
>
> *So for say the Symbol "9" , according to my formula would be 0011(1001)

as
> 1001 is the the bracketed nibble adds upto 9(8+0+0+1). So 00111001=the
> symbol of 9.
>
> *For the symbol of G would be 0100(0111) as G is the 7th letter of the
> alphabet and 7 equals 0111. So 01000111 = G
>
> *Now with anything P or p and over the 5th digit in the binary code

becomes
> a 1 and must be taken into account, so 011(10100) the bracketed adds upto

20
> (p's relation to the alphabet). Hence 01110100 = p
>
> My study guide didnt stat how to work this out, just a table with them
> listed. Am i to be expected to memorise all that? Also with the Decimal
> data too. It tells you how to extract decimal from binary, but not ACSII.
>
> So im asking, would this formula work, should it have been explained or am

> expected to know just by looking at the table?

Dean Marcus

Oh well it was "fun" cracking how to work it out, guess im a sado!
"Marko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:020401c36a9a$6a6f1b00$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

Regex with ASCII and non-ASCII chars TOXiC Python 5 01-31-2007 04:48 PM
[FR/EN] how to convert the characters ASCII(0-255) to ASCII(0-127) Alextophi Perl Misc 8 12-30-2005 10:43 AM
routine/module to translate microsoft extended ascii to plain ascii James O'Brien Perl Misc 3 03-05-2004 04:33 PM
Binary to ASCII Question dog Java 9 10-27-2003 05:55 PM
Re: ostreams, ios::binary, endian, mixed binary-ascii Marc Schellens C++ 8 07-15-2003 12:27 PM

Advertisments