Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > a few questons i would like answered about mcsa

a few questons i would like answered about mcsa

kinkster

I'm just wondering how much it costs overall for each of you, and are
you doing all the exams on your own, or with a company? Also what
combination of exams did you take to get to this level, and what jobs
have you got, or are expecting to get with the mcsa qualification?

the reason i ask is because i wish to go into this, but im a bit
confused on which route to take. Should i go with a company, knowing it
will cost more, or should i go seperately. But if i go seperately what
exams do i take.

mchappell

I attended courses thru a well known computer learning
center under an MCSA package. I got 2151, 2152, 2126,
2153, four test vouchers, and a license for MeasureUp
self tests (210, 215, 218, 216) for $5500.00 which I paid
for out of my own pocket.

HOWEVER, I was able to use my veterans benefits to recoup
about $3000 of that, plus the $500 for the exams. The
company that laid me off also included in my severance
package $2500 retraining reimbursement. So aft all is
said and done, I actually got paid about $1000 to get my
MCSA.

After getting my MCP I was hired by a small company as a
technical analyst, but have quickly moved into the
sysadmin role.

Hope this sheds some light

Maestro

I'm curious about this also. If the CTECs are using
Microsoft press books, what would be the reason for
attending formal training? One could buy a book and self
teach themselves for much less than the cost of sitting in
a class.