Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > File and Printer sharing on wireless network

File and Printer sharing on wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBMeWxl?=

I have just set up a home wireless network with my desktop and laptop. Both
computers can access the high speed internet and will ping eachother but I
can't get any filr and printer sharing between them. I have tried disabling
the firewalls on both computers with no luck. The laptop uses the windows
firewall and the desktop used the Norton firewall. I have also configuerd
both firewalls to accept file and printer sharing. I have set the drives on
both computers for sharing but still no luck. The wireless router is a
Linksys G broad band router. Is there something I am forgetting or missing?

Cheers
John

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
It is not a matter of Wire or Wireless.
It is the Network Sharing that are not set well.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"John Lyle" <John http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just set up a home wireless network with my desktop and laptop. Both
> computers can access the high speed internet and will ping eachother but I
> can't get any filr and printer sharing between them. I have tried disabling
> the firewalls on both computers with no luck. The laptop uses the windows
> firewall and the desktop used the Norton firewall. I have also configuerd
> both firewalls to accept file and printer sharing. I have set the drives on
> both computers for sharing but still no luck. The wireless router is a
> Linksys G broad band router. Is there something I am forgetting or missing?
>
> Cheers
> John

=?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFuIEJyYW5kdA==?=

"John Lyle" wrote:

> I have just set up a home wireless network with my desktop and laptop. Both
> computers can access the high speed internet and will ping eachother but I
> can't get any filr and printer sharing between them. I have tried disabling
> the firewalls on both computers with no luck. The laptop uses the windows
> firewall and the desktop used the Norton firewall. I have also configuerd
> both firewalls to accept file and printer sharing. I have set the drives on
> both computers for sharing but still no luck. The wireless router is a
> Linksys G broad band router. Is there something I am forgetting or missing?
>
> Cheers
> John

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBMeWxl?=

Hi Jack
Thanks. your information helped, I got the network working. The problem was
the firewall configurations. The laptop Microsoft firewall is fine, I just
have to work on the Norton firewall on the desktop now. At least now when I
want to file and printershare all I have to do is disable the firewalls and
shut off the internet connection.