Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Getting my MSCA

Getting my MSCA

James Dahl

I was thinking of doing XP professional instead of 2000 professional. Any
one have any suggestions. I have both books.

Thanks for the advice,

Jim

Consultant

go for xp

"James Dahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XFR_a.42088$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I was thinking of doing XP professional instead of 2000 professional. Any
> one have any suggestions. I have both books.
>

> Thanks for the advice,
>

> Jim

Clint Kennedy

Diana,

I don't mean to point out the obvious, but keep in mind MCSA on the 2000
track is MCSA any way you slice it (70-210 or 70-270). Most employers don't
ask for a precise breakdown of the tests you took. Generally, the
certifications get you an interview. Once you're there, they want to
discuss your experience and personality. I'm a hiring manager ... I might
be speaking for myself here, but I would say this is a general assumption.

Clint

"Diana Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim,
>
> Go for the XP Pro. Clint is right; however most employers do not

understand
> that there isn't a lot of difference Between the two. Most will look at
> your MCSA - MCSE certification and like the fact that you are certified

with
> XP, along with WIN2K.
>
> Diana Myers
>

> "James Dahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XFR_a.42088$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > I was thinking of doing XP professional instead of 2000 professional.

Any
> > one have any suggestions. I have both books.
> >

> > Thanks for the advice,
> >

> > Jim

Diana Myers

Clint,

Normally I would agree with you; however lately I'm having a lot of my
friends tell me that companies want to know exactly what tests they
took/passed for their MCSA - MCSE certification. Working in the IT field
used to be simple; however it's getting more and more complicated. Once all
they were interested in was what certifications do you have and how much
experience do you have. Oh, how I long for the good old days!!!

Diana

"Clint Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Diana,
>
> I don't mean to point out the obvious, but keep in mind MCSA on the 2000
> track is MCSA any way you slice it (70-210 or 70-270). Most employers

don't
> ask for a precise breakdown of the tests you took. Generally, the
> certifications get you an interview. Once you're there, they want to
> discuss your experience and personality. I'm a hiring manager ... I might
> be speaking for myself here, but I would say this is a general assumption.
>
> Clint
>
> "Diana Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Jim,
> >
> > Go for the XP Pro. Clint is right; however most employers do not

> understand
> > that there isn't a lot of difference Between the two. Most will look at
> > your MCSA - MCSE certification and like the fact that you are certified

> with
> > XP, along with WIN2K.
> >
> > Diana Myers
> >

> > "James Dahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:XFR_a.42088$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > > I was thinking of doing XP professional instead of 2000 professional.

> Any
> > > one have any suggestions. I have both books.
> > >

> > > Thanks for the advice,
> > >

> > > Jim

Clint Kennedy

Diana,

Well then here is the next logical argument in this thread. If an employer
is smart enough to ask, in paricular, which tests you took, this means they
have a reason for differentiation. This probably means they know what is
covered on each of these tests .. which means they know there is hardly any
difference whatsoever between exam 70-210 and exam70-270. I'm sticking to
my original argument on this one.

Clint

"Diana Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Clint,
>
> Normally I would agree with you; however lately I'm having a lot of my
> friends tell me that companies want to know exactly what tests they
> took/passed for their MCSA - MCSE certification. Working in the IT field
> used to be simple; however it's getting more and more complicated. Once

all
> they were interested in was what certifications do you have and how much
> experience do you have. Oh, how I long for the good old days!!!
>
> Diana
>

> "Clint Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Diana,
> >
> > I don't mean to point out the obvious, but keep in mind MCSA on the 2000
> > track is MCSA any way you slice it (70-210 or 70-270). Most employers

> don't
> > ask for a precise breakdown of the tests you took. Generally, the
> > certifications get you an interview. Once you're there, they want to
> > discuss your experience and personality. I'm a hiring manager ... I

might
> > be speaking for myself here, but I would say this is a general

assumption.

> > Clint
> >
> > "Diana Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Jim,
> > >
> > > Go for the XP Pro. Clint is right; however most employers do not

> > understand
> > > that there isn't a lot of difference Between the two. Most will look

at
> > > your MCSA - MCSE certification and like the fact that you are

certified
> > with
> > > XP, along with WIN2K.
> > >
> > > Diana Myers
> > >

> > > "James Dahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:XFR_a.42088$(E-Mail Removed) m...

professional.
> > Any

Diana Myers

Clint,

I graciously bow down and agree with you.

Diana

"Clint Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Diana,
>
> Well then here is the next logical argument in this thread. If an

employer
> is smart enough to ask, in paricular, which tests you took, this means

they
> have a reason for differentiation. This probably means they know what is
> covered on each of these tests .. which means they know there is hardly

any
> difference whatsoever between exam 70-210 and exam70-270. I'm sticking to
> my original argument on this one.
>
> Clint
>
> "Diana Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Clint,
> >
> > Normally I would agree with you; however lately I'm having a lot of my
> > friends tell me that companies want to know exactly what tests they
> > took/passed for their MCSA - MCSE certification. Working in the IT

field
> > used to be simple; however it's getting more and more complicated. Once

> all
> > they were interested in was what certifications do you have and how much
> > experience do you have. Oh, how I long for the good old days!!!
> >
> > Diana
> >

> > "Clint Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Diana,
> > >
> > > I don't mean to point out the obvious, but keep in mind MCSA on the

2000
> > > track is MCSA any way you slice it (70-210 or 70-270). Most employers

> > don't
> > > ask for a precise breakdown of the tests you took. Generally, the
> > > certifications get you an interview. Once you're there, they want to
> > > discuss your experience and personality. I'm a hiring manager ... I

> might
> > > be speaking for myself here, but I would say this is a general

> assumption.
> > >
> > > Clint
> > >
> > > "Diana Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > understand

look
> at

> certified
> > > with

> professional.
> > > Any

James D. Murray

There are far more W2K machines out there in the business world than WinXP.
But I would suggest go for the track with the OS that you are the most
familer.

"NB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:000b01c3659a$c9f743e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've actually seen some positions that refuse to consider
> someone if they haven't passed the Win 2K Pro exam, and
> wouldn't consider someone who passed the Win XP Pro and
> Win 2k Server exams...
>
> Peace.

MSCA -2000 to MCSA 2003 and MCSE 2003 =?Utf-8?B?R2FuaQ==?= Microsoft Certification 2 09-16-2006 04:02 PM
MSCA Websites etc Simon Dean MCSA 17 08-30-2004 07:29 AM
MSCA Websites etc Simon Dean MCSA 0 08-19-2004 07:50 AM
MCP going for MSCA or MSCE in Win2000? Yubb MCSA 2 03-04-2004 07:11 PM
Re: How does MSCA compare to MCSE Wow Wee MCSE 7 02-26-2004 10:26 PM

Advertisments