Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Pulling out of a Restart??

Pulling out of a Restart??

Testy

Does anyone know if there is any way (a shortcut key stroke of some kind)
that allows you to pull out of a restart on a Windows 2000 Server??
Thanks
Testy

Marko

Hello Chris

The shutdown.exe command is part of the resource kit and
may not be available on every server.

Another problem is that you will often get a
message "Unable to start <command> because Windows is
shutting down". This error was the first thing that made
me think that it would not be possible to initiate a stop
to the shutdown process. Logically, I couldn't see how it
would be desirable to operate with a crippled Windows, so
I couldn't see MS writing that ability into their code, so
I wrote that response.

Brendon Rogers

I dont know if this works with W2K servers but it worked with NT4:

If you hit Start > Shutdown and then during the startup process hit
CTRL-ALT-DEL a few times the shutdown would be aborted and you would be back
at the logon screen.

"Testy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if there is any way (a shortcut key stroke of some kind)
> that allows you to pull out of a restart on a Windows 2000 Server??
> Thanks
> Testy

Pulling out data between <TD> tags using regular expressions tdmailbox@yahoo.com Java 3 05-27-2005 11:01 PM
Pulling out 10 last posts in forum (access db) Daniel Jahro via DotNetMonster.com ASP .Net 7 02-04-2005 10:17 PM
Pulling out duplicates C.Thomson Java 2 11-29-2004 09:10 PM
pulling my hair out charles wharton Computer Support 21 10-02-2003 06:41 AM
CSS = Pulling Hair Out greg@gofothdesigns.com HTML 9 07-16-2003 05:23 PM

Advertisments