Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Microsoft Bashing?

Microsoft Bashing?

CJ

I don't understand all the bashing of Microsoft. I hear this from IT guy's
in all of our divisions that dislike Bill Gates and Microsoft. What's all
the fuss about?

Personally, I'm enjoying the learning process and love Microsoft Products.
I attend Comdex to hear Gates' speak every year and am proud of my so called
chincy welcome kit and accomplishments. My company does not require
certifications of any kind, but I find it fun and it certainly cannot hurt
to learn. No one individual is an expert on every facet of networking. We
all have our strengths and weaknesses.

If certain people hate Microsoft so much why do they use their products? I
work in a Microsoft, Linux, Netware, and Citrix environment and find them
all enjoyable. Each have their pro's and con's. I will say since working
with Microsoft I've managed to buy Microsoft stock, build my own home, go on
2 vacations a year, and earn above average salary for a female in my region.
Microsoft opened the door for me to earn my salary. Perhaps I could have
studied law or medicine, but didn't have the passion for it like I do for
networking.

I don't mean to start a flame war here, but some person's on here are so
negative toward one of the greatest visionaries in our lifetime.

Regards,
Carolina

CJ

one OS comes out
> it seems it's already out the door. I liked NT and hate that it's on the
> way to oblivion.

I agree. The pace is very fast. I, for one, did not like NT, but do like
2000. Nonetheless, it's difficult to keep up anymore. It seems we're
always in a race.

> I also hate that I'm getting older.....lol...such is life.

ME TOO!@ AMEN, BRO!!! hahahhaa

Jude

CJ,

I agree with you..I think that many people are jealous of
Mr. Gates and it is a case of sour grapes. Microsoft has
changed the world all due to the genius of Mr. Gates.

Best Regards,

Jude

Timothy A Green

I agree. Mr. Gates is what every American dreams of.
Being an entreprenuer(sp) at what we are good at and what we love,
and then becoming rich or having financial freedom.
And now the government has been punishing him for actually living the
American dream.

Timothy Green
Midland, TX

"CJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VN1Pa.18218$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> I don't understand all the bashing of Microsoft. I hear this from IT

guy's
> in all of our divisions that dislike Bill Gates and Microsoft. What's all
> the fuss about?
>
> Personally, I'm enjoying the learning process and love Microsoft Products.
> I attend Comdex to hear Gates' speak every year and am proud of my so

called
> chincy welcome kit and accomplishments. My company does not require
> certifications of any kind, but I find it fun and it certainly cannot hurt
> to learn. No one individual is an expert on every facet of networking.

We
> all have our strengths and weaknesses.
>
> If certain people hate Microsoft so much why do they use their products?

> work in a Microsoft, Linux, Netware, and Citrix environment and find them
> all enjoyable. Each have their pro's and con's. I will say since working
> with Microsoft I've managed to buy Microsoft stock, build my own home, go

on
> 2 vacations a year, and earn above average salary for a female in my

region.
> Microsoft opened the door for me to earn my salary. Perhaps I could have
> studied law or medicine, but didn't have the passion for it like I do for
> networking.
>
> I don't mean to start a flame war here, but some person's on here are so
> negative toward one of the greatest visionaries in our lifetime.
>
> Regards,
> Carolina

Zenner

Hold on there...it's a big jump from praising Microsoft for what is did/does
right...all the way to a blanket endorsement for "everything" it and its
directors, including "Uncle Bill", have done.

There have been a few very sign transgressions carried out in he name of
setting standards. I am not a fan of government controls, but every business
has to realize it does not operate in a vacuum. If other companies had
treated the fledgling MS business the way MS has treated other up and coming
business, there would be no Microsoft today. Monopolies are great for
getting quick results, but they stifle innovation and progress. The whole
focus of monopolies is to protect their business and expand at the cost of
their competitors. Much the same as dictatorships, quick, sometimes amazing
results..but at the cost of diversity in their citizens.

Let's agree that Microsoft has helped "wire" the world. But it has also
brought us constant patches and upgrades, Spam, other detritus of the
electronic age. A reasonable trade off, but not quite deserving of
Sainthood.
"Timothy A Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I agree. Mr. Gates is what every American dreams of.
> Being an entreprenuer(sp) at what we are good at and what we love,
> and then becoming rich or having financial freedom.
> And now the government has been punishing him for actually living the
> American dream.
>
> Timothy Green
> Midland, TX
>

> "CJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:VN1Pa.18218$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> > I don't understand all the bashing of Microsoft. I hear this from IT

> guy's
> > in all of our divisions that dislike Bill Gates and Microsoft. What's

all
> > the fuss about?
> >
> > Personally, I'm enjoying the learning process and love Microsoft

Products.
> > I attend Comdex to hear Gates' speak every year and am proud of my so

> called
> > chincy welcome kit and accomplishments. My company does not require
> > certifications of any kind, but I find it fun and it certainly cannot

hurt
> > to learn. No one individual is an expert on every facet of networking.

> We
> > all have our strengths and weaknesses.
> >
> > If certain people hate Microsoft so much why do they use their products?

> > work in a Microsoft, Linux, Netware, and Citrix environment and find

them
> > all enjoyable. Each have their pro's and con's. I will say since

working
> > with Microsoft I've managed to buy Microsoft stock, build my own home,

go
> on
> > 2 vacations a year, and earn above average salary for a female in my

> region.
> > Microsoft opened the door for me to earn my salary. Perhaps I could

have
> > studied law or medicine, but didn't have the passion for it like I do

for
> > networking.
> >
> > I don't mean to start a flame war here, but some person's on here are

so
> > negative toward one of the greatest visionaries in our lifetime.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Carolina

Tom Miller

There are 2 "problems" with MS. 1) Its the dominant desktop operating
system out there. 2) MS is very competitive and wants to get into (and has
gotten into) other market niches. (I won't even go to the legal wrangles
that have happened).
Because MS is successful and regularly plays hardball trying to become even
more successful, the losers and outsiders complain....
Tom