Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > About the test

About the test

Me C

I have som question about the test you take for this cert.

Are the test-questions built like the question you got on the CD(that comes
with the book): multiple choices.
Or is it also questions when you for example need to show how you get to a
certain meny and change some settings?

Have never taken a test from Microsoft before so that my im wondering..

Best Regards
Me C

Ricardo Parraga

> Are the test-questions built like the question you got on the CD(that comes
> with the book): multiple choices.

Most of the questions are multiple choices.

> Or is it also questions when you for example need to show how you get to a
> certain meny and change some settings?

Simulations just a few.
--
Ricardo Parraga
A+, MCP, MCDST.

"Me C" wrote:

> I have som question about the test you take for this cert.
>
> Are the test-questions built like the question you got on the CD(that comes
> with the book): multiple choices.
> Or is it also questions when you for example need to show how you get to a
> certain meny and change some settings?
>

> Have never taken a test from Microsoft before so that my im wondering..
>
> Best Regards
> Me C

Ed Hall

Hello Me C,

The MCDST exams are mainly multichoice. There were a few questions which
involved a screen where you click on a picture to select an answer. These
screens look exactly the same as the various setting windows in XP - they
don't make it any harder.

When arriving at the exam centre for your first exam, be aware you can do
some practice questions on a unrelated topic that are not a part of your exam
time limit, but are designed to help you get familiar with what the questions
look like and how to answer them. Very well worth doing for your first exam
or two. You select the practice exam when you log into the exam system at the
exam centre. The staff there will be able to help with this when you sit your
exam.

Regards,
Ed.

"Me C" wrote:

> I have som question about the test you take for this cert.
>
> Are the test-questions built like the question you got on the CD(that comes
> with the book): multiple choices.
> Or is it also questions when you for example need to show how you get to a
> certain meny and change some settings?
>

> Have never taken a test from Microsoft before so that my im wondering..
>
> Best Regards
> Me C

ali

Learn some English first!