Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST exams

MCDST exams

bewildered from london

Hi all
I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the exams 70-271/272 are going to be
valid for and how long it will be until MS stop pushing these and start
pushing the equivalent exams for Vista?
Most businesses in the UK seem reluctant to switch from XP and I can see
this being so for some time but still, I dont want to waste time and money
doing exams that may be obsolete in the near future.
Also, has anyone here done the 70-271/272 AND already upgraded to the new
Vista qualification and if so would it be worth doing the whole lot together?

many thanks

marc

John R

"bewildered from london" <bewildered from http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>
> Hi all
> I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the exams 70-271/272 are going to
> be
> valid for and how long it will be until MS stop pushing these and start
> pushing the equivalent exams for Vista?
> Most businesses in the UK seem reluctant to switch from XP and I can see
> this being so for some time but still, I dont want to waste time and money
> doing exams that may be obsolete in the near future.
> Also, has anyone here done the 70-271/272 AND already upgraded to the new
> Vista qualification and if so would it be worth doing the whole lot
> together?
>
> many thanks
>
> marc

While no official date has been set to my knowledge, typically Microsoft
retires the exam when mainstream support for the product retires. So, I
would say that 70-271 and 70-272 will be around as long as Microsoft is
supporting XP.

The new Vista qualification would be MCITP: Enterprise Support Tech. The
base exams and upgrade exams have been available for some time now, and
there are many who have already obtained them.

John R

techmaned

Microsoft will support Windows XP until 2014.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/24/m...xp-until-2014/

techmaned