Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Which is essential

Which is essential

Amin

Hi i am just getting into the computer worl after passing all my MCAS exam.
reality i want to end up as a system adminitrator or system engineer, may i
know if it's right to start with CompTIA A+ or should i take on MCDST thanks

Jason

Hi,
I passed CompTIA A+ Technician this year, for my self I found it a good
introduction to computer hardware, networking, TCP/IP protocols etc etc. It
is ideal if like my self you have little or no experience in computing or if
you are out of date on something's.
I am currently studding 20-271 (this will give MCP) then 20-272 for MCDST,
this takes what was lernt from CompTIA a little bit further and then add
extras as well (such as remote and unattended installation etc).

What I would suggest is look at www.comptia.org and have a look at the exam
objectives for the A+ you are looking to take, see if you are happy and
understand what is entailed. Then do the same for 70-271 / 272.

hope this helps.

Jason
"Amin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi i am just getting into the computer worl after passing all my MCAS
> exam.
> reality i want to end up as a system adminitrator or system engineer, may
> know if it's right to start with CompTIA A+ or should i take on MCDST
> thanks

nowtDroppedNowtCaught

If you've passed all the MCAS exams then the natural progression would be the
MCAP. If however, you do the MCDST then it counts as an elective towards the
MCSA - which is ideal for the system administrator role that you speak of.

Also, if you've done the Vista exam for MCAS then you'll easily be able to
upgrade your MCDST with a 70-261 and get a MCTS, MCITP Enterprise Support.
--
Gary