Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > W2K8 Advanced Backup

W2K8 Advanced Backup

Susmita

We are using Windows Server 2008 Advanced Backup product to do file and
volume based Backups and restore. Got these following questions on this:

- Backup Schedule option from the Windows Server Backup wizard tool
doesn't give the allow to select external storage destination path to do the
backups --- option is grayed out --- why? Is this a bug or expected?

- Cannot delete backups using wizard or via WBadmin cli --- tried all the
options,
it still failed to delete backups.

- File level restore is failing with warning messages saying cannot restore
any
file or some of the files. Restore operation at dir/folder level works.

- Files spreaded across different dir/folders cannot be individually
selected for
restoration, only files under one dir/folder level can be chosen for
restore
operation.

- What are the OS tuning possible to get better performance for backups and
restore operations using Advanced Backups?

Thanks.
Susmita

PAJ

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:18:01 -0700, Susmita
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We are using Windows Server 2008 Advanced Backup product to do file and
>volume based Backups and restore. Got these following questions on this:

Thanks for those MCDST level questions.
The answer is to reinstall Outlook Express!

Susmita

Thanks PAJ but my question is related to w2k8 Advanced Server Backup.

Here's one of the questions.

1) I am using the Advanced Server Backup wizard to try to schedule a backup
to a remote disk. The steps are pretty simple, supply the parameters
requested and click on next. However, at the step where we are supposed to
provide the backup destination, the wizard does not allow the user to select
external storage destination path to backup to. The option is grayed out.
I am running with Windows Web Server 2008. Is anyone else seeing the same
issue? Do we have to install Enterprise Server 2008 to get this to work
correctly?

thank you for any assistance or information that you can provide.
-susmita

"PAJ" wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:18:01 -0700, Susmita
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >We are using Windows Server 2008 Advanced Backup product to do file and
> >volume based Backups and restore. Got these following questions on this:

> Thanks for those MCDST level questions.
> The answer is to reinstall Outlook Express!

PAJ

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:28:01 -0700, Susmita
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks PAJ but my question is related to w2k8 Advanced Server Backup.

Sorry my mistake. Try to clear Internet Explorer cache.