Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Adding a Newsgroup, 70-272...

Adding a Newsgroup, 70-272...

Elsie

Just in case this is helpful to somebody else using the same book:
Self-Paced Training Kit, Walter Glenn, Microsoft 2004 (Chapter 4, 4-26): ...
the procedure to join a newsgroup is the same in either Outlook or Outlook
Express...

....and this Knowledge Base link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902929/

The third time I tried out the procedure, I discovered this...

I did in fact see a subtle change to the title bar of this window from the
previous one which read like this:

"microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst - Microsoft Outlook Newsreader",

"microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst - Outlook Express"

....and I verified from within Microsoft Outlook Newsreader's window by
clicking Help | About..

These two different title bars are in fact the same program "Outlook
Express"

....I got confused by the subtle change of text displayed in the title bar...
into thinking that I was configuring Outlook instead of Outlook Express when
I was following the objective of the task: "To configure Outlook News to be
the new default newsreader..." as explained in the book...

So Lawrence Garvin gave was spot on in his reply to my earlier posting - and
I now understand why.

Thanks for this

Elsie