Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Adding a Newsgroup, 70-272, Chapter 4-26, Outlook 2003

Adding a Newsgroup, 70-272, Chapter 4-26, Outlook 2003

Elsie

Hi,
When typing an email address that is associated with an account - how do I
mask the e-mail account name to protect the user from unsolicited junk e-mail?
I've not done this before with my own email accounts. I have searched Help
and Support, but can't get appropriate result. Can this community point me
in the right direction?
--
Elsie

Lawrence Garvin

"Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> When typing an email address that is associated with an account - how do I
> mask the e-mail account name to protect the user from unsolicited junk
> e-mail?
> I've not done this before with my own email accounts. I have searched
> Help
> and Support, but can't get appropriate result. Can this community point
> me
> in the right direction?

I think you may be confused.

First, Outlook 2003 doesn't support access to newsgroups.

For that, you need Outlook Express or Windows Mail.

As to how do you "mask the email account name"...

You put a dummy address in the FROM block (e.g. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) or
(E-Mail Removed)main)

Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Elsie

"Lawrence Garvin" wrote:

> "Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think you may be confused.
>
> First, Outlook 2003 doesn't support access to newsgroups.
>
> For that, you need Outlook Express or Windows Mail.
>
> As to how do you "mask the email account name"...
>
> You put a dummy address in the FROM block (e.g. (E-Mail Removed) or
> (E-Mail Removed)main)

....Thanks for this...
> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

This newsgroup is now configured using Outlook Express.

The lesson tells me to use Outlook 2003... I agree I'm confused,
I'm working from a Microsoft self-paced Training Kit for exam 70-272 (Walter
Glenn, 2004, Lesson 2, Chapter 4)

It didn't work in two ways:

Outlook News appears long enough to see it on the reading pane, but it all
disappears when I close the application and then reopen Outlook2003 again.

and the menu item 'News' below the 'Go' menu also disappears even from the
Customize list... curiosity spurred me on, and...

I followed a knowledge base article: KB902929 - and managed to place the
'News' item back in the 'Go' menu once again (and see an appropriate looking
reading pane on Outlook2003 itself again).

Elsie