Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 70-721 and 70-272

70-721 and 70-272

BlackOMusic@gmail.com

I am almost set to take these exams leading to MCDST. My question is..
are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?

John R

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am almost set to take these exams leading to MCDST. My question is..
> are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
> seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?

These are two distinct and different exams. When you contact Prometric to
schedule them, you can schedule them however you like, but they are not a
two-in-one deal. You will pay for each exam, and each will have it's own
time slot, be it on the same day or on different days.

Good luck to you.

John R

Michael D. Alligood

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I am almost set to take these exams leading to MCDST. My question is..
> are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
> seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?
> Checked by AVG.

It's a matter of personal preference and available seating at your
testing center.

I will tell you this just as an observation from my students: Normally
if a person is scheduled to take 2 exams in the same day and they fail
the first, there is a good chance they will fail the second. It's
primarily due to psychology of the mind. You tend to dwell on the first
failure and not concentrating on the second exam.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

4:30 PM

Roger

Afternoon all:

I have signed up for the 70-620 exam for the 2nd of July and have read the
Microsoft Press Configuring Windows Vista cliet book from front to back.

Additionally I purchased the Sybex MCTS study guide, which I found very
different from the Microsoft Press book. The book did not go into detail as
much as the other and the Cd-Rom questions were more basic, almost to the
point that it seemed to be a waste of time.

I have only used Vista for a short period of time, but feel that I will pass
the exam with no problem.

I do have MCP for Windows XP, along with Network + and A +.

For those of you that have taken the exam, is knowing the Microsoft Press
book enough to pass the exam?

I quess the biggest problem that I may have is knowing the paths to the
different areas.

Thanks for any responses!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am almost set to take these exams leading to MCDST. My question is..
> are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
> seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?

Michael D. Alligood

"Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Afternoon all:
>
> I have signed up for the 70-620 exam for the 2nd of July and have read the
> Microsoft Press Configuring Windows Vista cliet book from front to back.
>
> Additionally I purchased the Sybex MCTS study guide, which I found very
> different from the Microsoft Press book. The book did not go into detail as
> much as the other and the Cd-Rom questions were more basic, almost to the
> point that it seemed to be a waste of time.
>
> I have only used Vista for a short period of time, but feel that I will pass
> the exam with no problem.
>
> I do have MCP for Windows XP, along with Network + and A +.
>
> For those of you that have taken the exam, is knowing the Microsoft Press
> book enough to pass the exam?
>
> I quess the biggest problem that I may have is knowing the paths to the
> different areas.
>
> Thanks for any responses!
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I am almost set to take these exams leading to MCDST. My question is..
> > are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
> > seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?

It's impossible for us to know if you are ready to take this exam. If
you are very familiar with the objectives listed here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...0-620.mspx#E4F, then I
would take the exam. If not, then I would not sit this exam until I
understood what was being asked of me.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

6/24/2008 8:41 PM