Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST now?

MCDST now?

Brian R

I haven't taken any recent exams. For many months I thought about the MCDST
cert, but then Vista came out. I could do the 70-271 and 70-272 then do the
upgrade 70-621 test to Vista. What do you think? I'm sure I could pass both
the 70-271 and 70-272 in one month as I actually have been studying on that
already. Or, should I just do the Vista Cert instead?

Montreal MCT

If you think you can pass them both now, then take them, then do Vista.

Mitch Garvis, MCT
http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

"Brian R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I haven't taken any recent exams. For many months I thought about the
> MCDST
> cert, but then Vista came out. I could do the 70-271 and 70-272 then do
> the
> upgrade 70-621 test to Vista. What do you think? I'm sure I could pass
> both
> the 70-271 and 70-272 in one month as I actually have been studying on
> that
> already. Or, should I just do the Vista Cert instead?

John R

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you think you can pass them both now, then take them, then do Vista.

> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
>
> "Brian R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I haven't taken any recent exams. For many months I thought about the
>> MCDST
>> cert, but then Vista came out. I could do the 70-271 and 70-272 then do
>> the
>> upgrade 70-621 test to Vista. What do you think? I'm sure I could pass
>> both
>> the 70-271 and 70-272 in one month as I actually have been studying on
>> that
>> already. Or, should I just do the Vista Cert instead?

First, let me say that I agree with Mitch, if you think you can do it, go
for it.

And, let me say that this post in no way is intended to be a slam on the OP.

What bothers me however is how often these groups get these questions.
1. We don't know you
2. We don't know what market you are in
3. We don't know what your experience or skill set is
4. We don't know what your current job requirements are
5. We don't know what your future job requirements will be
6. We don't know what you want to do with your life
7. We don't know how much money you are prepared to spend to get it
etc, etc, etc.

And yet, without any of this information, you ask us if you should pursue a
particular cert. I don't know, do you think I should go get my pilot
license ... now?

John R

PAJ

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:17:06 -0400, "John R"
<jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote:

>"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you think you can pass them both now, then take them, then do Vista.

>> --
>> Mitch Garvis, MCT
>> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
>>
>> "Brian R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I haven't taken any recent exams. For many months I thought about the
>>> MCDST
>>> cert, but then Vista came out. I could do the 70-271 and 70-272 then do
>>> the
>>> upgrade 70-621 test to Vista. What do you think? I'm sure I could pass
>>> both
>>> the 70-271 and 70-272 in one month as I actually have been studying on
>>> that
>>> already. Or, should I just do the Vista Cert instead?
>>>

>First, let me say that I agree with Mitch, if you think you can do it, go
>for it.
>
>And, let me say that this post in no way is intended to be a slam on the OP.
>
>What bothers me however is how often these groups get these questions.
>1. We don't know you
>2. We don't know what market you are in
>3. We don't know what your experience or skill set is
>4. We don't know what your current job requirements are
>5. We don't know what your future job requirements will be
>6. We don't know what you want to do with your life
>7. We don't know how much money you are prepared to spend to get it
>etc, etc, etc.
>
>And yet, without any of this information, you ask us if you should pursue a
>particular cert. I don't know, do you think I should go get my pilot
>license ... now?

Do you like to fly?

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"PAJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:17:06 -0400, "John R"
> <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote:
>

> >"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> If you think you can pass them both now, then take them, then do Vista.

> >> --
> >> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> >> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> >> (E-Mail Removed)
> >> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
> >>
> >> "Brian R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>>

> >First, let me say that I agree with Mitch, if you think you can do it, go
> >for it.
> >
> >And, let me say that this post in no way is intended to be a slam on the OP.
> >
> >What bothers me however is how often these groups get these questions.
> >1. We don't know you
> >2. We don't know what market you are in
> >3. We don't know what your experience or skill set is
> >4. We don't know what your current job requirements are
> >5. We don't know what your future job requirements will be
> >6. We don't know what you want to do with your life
> >7. We don't know how much money you are prepared to spend to get it
> >etc, etc, etc.
> >
> >And yet, without any of this information, you ask us if you should pursue a
> >particular cert. I don't know, do you think I should go get my pilot
> >license ... now?

> Do you like to fly?

I love flying.

MCDST JC Microsoft Certification 2 02-04-2004 09:52 AM
MCDST beta test (71-272) Waleed A. Nasser Mohamed Hussein Microsoft Certification 2 11-09-2003 03:48 PM
MCDST 71-272 Mohamed Fekry Abdel Ghaffar Microsoft Certification 1 11-09-2003 03:48 PM
MCDST Waleed A. Nasser Mohamed Hussein Microsoft Certification 5 11-07-2003 03:26 PM

Advertisments