Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Exam Questions

Exam Questions

Oliver Hext

Hello,

I have just purchased a copy of the book MCDST Self Paced Training Kit for
70-271. (Thought I’ll finally give it ago) Looking at the questions in the
book I find I can answer these type of questions with ease. I had a look at
the measure up tests and took a virtual test and achieved 69% on my first
attempt, after reviewing my questions it seems that the testing engine can be
a little harsh, one of the questions related too managing add-ons in internet
explorer, I chose the slightly longer route to get their, and was marked
wrong. Will the exam be this harsh? And for the level of difficulty will it
be like the book questions or more like the measure up questions?

Cheers

Oliver

www.oliverhext.com

PAJ

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:12:05 -0700, Oliver Hext
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have just purchased a copy of the book MCDST Self Paced Training Kit for
>70-271. (Thought Ill finally give it ago) Looking at the questions in the
>book I find I can answer these type of questions with ease. I had a look at
>the measure up tests and took a virtual test and achieved 69% on my first
>attempt, after reviewing my questions it seems that the testing engine can be
>a little harsh, one of the questions related too managing add-ons in internet
>explorer, I chose the slightly longer route to get their, and was marked
>wrong. Will the exam be this harsh? And for the level of difficulty will it
>be like the book questions or more like the measure up questions?

Well for me this was the easiest exam I have *ever* taken and I scored
in the high 900's with very little revision.
I do not remembers it being IE addon specific in any way.
I think if you can answer the questions in the book with ease you will
have no problems with the actual exam (but hey, usual disclaimers apply
and don't forget the free insurance).
I guess the only clue I can give is to read the questions *carefully*
(the answer may not be as obvious as first appearance but still easy,
YMMV).

werd

the book comes with a cd that contains two sections:
Objective Reviews Supporting Users and TroubleshootingXP OS and

Practice Tests Supporting Users and Troubleshooting XP for DSTs

I wanted to know if the tests consist of both of these sections or just the
first one, because I have got the first section down. Do you think I am ready

"PAJ" wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:12:05 -0700, Oliver Hext
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have just purchased a copy of the book MCDST Self Paced Training Kit for
> >70-271. (Thought I’ll finally give it ago) Looking at the questions in the
> >book I find I can answer these type of questions with ease. I had a look at
> >the measure up tests and took a virtual test and achieved 69% on my first
> >attempt, after reviewing my questions it seems that the testing engine can be
> >a little harsh, one of the questions related too managing add-ons in internet
> >explorer, I chose the slightly longer route to get their, and was marked
> >wrong. Will the exam be this harsh? And for the level of difficulty will it
> >be like the book questions or more like the measure up questions?

> Well for me this was the easiest exam I have *ever* taken and I scored
> in the high 900's with very little revision.
> I do not remembers it being IE addon specific in any way.
> I think if you can answer the questions in the book with ease you will
> have no problems with the actual exam (but hey, usual disclaimers apply
> and don't forget the free insurance).
> I guess the only clue I can give is to read the questions *carefully*
> (the answer may not be as obvious as first appearance but still easy,
> YMMV).

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"werd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> the book comes with a cd that contains two sections:
> Objective Reviews Supporting Users and TroubleshootingXP OS and
>
> Practice Tests Supporting Users and Troubleshooting XP for DSTs
>
> I wanted to know if the tests consist of both of these sections or just the
> first one, because I have got the first section down. Do you think I am ready
>
> "PAJ" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:12:05 -0700, Oliver Hext
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I have just purchased a copy of the book MCDST Self Paced Training Kit for
> > >70-271. (Thought I'll finally give it ago) Looking at the questions in the
> > >book I find I can answer these type of questions with ease. I had a look at
> > >the measure up tests and took a virtual test and achieved 69% on my first
> > >attempt, after reviewing my questions it seems that the testing engine can be
> > >a little harsh, one of the questions related too managing add-ons in internet
> > >explorer, I chose the slightly longer route to get their, and was marked
> > >wrong. Will the exam be this harsh? And for the level of difficulty will it
> > >be like the book questions or more like the measure up questions?

> > Well for me this was the easiest exam I have *ever* taken and I scored
> > in the high 900's with very little revision.
> > I do not remembers it being IE addon specific in any way.
> > I think if you can answer the questions in the book with ease you will
> > have no problems with the actual exam (but hey, usual disclaimers apply
> > and don't forget the free insurance).
> > I guess the only clue I can give is to read the questions *carefully*
> > (the answer may not be as obvious as first appearance but still easy,
> > YMMV).

They are one in the same. The practice exams test you on the objectives.
Come to think about it, so does the actual exam...