Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Hell has frozen over! I finally pass 70-272!

Hell has frozen over! I finally pass 70-272!

Reuben

Finally passed 70-272 w/a 746. It took a few tries and I wished I had a
higher score, but a pass is a pass and I am now a MCDST!

Took a different approach this time. Spentless time with practice tests and
focused more on skills and concepts.

Not sure of what's next in terms of cert exams and such. Me thinks I need a
nap.

John R

"Reuben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Finally passed 70-272 w/a 746. It took a few tries and I wished I had a
> higher score, but a pass is a pass and I am now a MCDST!
>
> Took a different approach this time. Spentless time with practice tests
> and
> focused more on skills and concepts.

What a radically new theory, putting the focus on skills and concepts!!!
That is something I wish we would see more of around here.

WTG Reuben. Congrats on the pass and on the cert.

John R

TheITGirl

"Reuben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Finally passed 70-272 w/a 746. It took a few tries and I wished I had a
> higher score, but a pass is a pass and I am now a MCDST!
>
> Took a different approach this time. Spentless time with practice tests
> and
> focused more on skills and concepts.
>
> Not sure of what's next in terms of cert exams and such. Me thinks I need
> nap.

Congratulations, Reuben! Well done!

IT Girl MCDST

hongem_y

Hi,

Congratulations!!! I am new to this. I am planning to take 70-272 but don't
know where to start. I have an old exams and was told to study from and then
what? I am a tech support rep for a company and looking forward to be MS
cert.

Thanks,
Amy

"TheITGirl" wrote:

> "Reuben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Finally passed 70-272 w/a 746. It took a few tries and I wished I had a
> > higher score, but a pass is a pass and I am now a MCDST!
> >
> > Took a different approach this time. Spentless time with practice tests
> > and
> > focused more on skills and concepts.
> >
> > Not sure of what's next in terms of cert exams and such. Me thinks I need
> > nap.

> Congratulations, Reuben! Well done!
>
> IT Girl MCDST

mstpie84

I too am planning on becoming a MCDST. I have the self-paced training kits
and am very fluent in the technologies. I am thinking about scheduling the
test next week. Wish me luck!

Matt

Mishawaka MCP

Wow. How everyone doesn't get 1000 on this exam is beyond me. And the mere
thought of failing 272 is laughable.

"Reuben" wrote:

> Finally passed 70-272 w/a 746. It took a few tries and I wished I had a
> higher score, but a pass is a pass and I am now a MCDST!
>
> Took a different approach this time. Spentless time with practice tests and
> focused more on skills and concepts.
>
> Not sure of what's next in terms of cert exams and such. Me thinks I need a
> nap.

Montreal MCT

You know Mishawaka I understand that you felt the exam was easy... I am glad
you did. However I wonder if your words ... any words I have read from you
in this newsgroup today are anything but inflammatory. I have passed an
exam or two (or twenty) in my day and though I felt that some are easier
than others I also consider myself to be smarter than the average bear. The
great thing about cert exams is that a 992 or 1000 gives you the same result
as a 700... PASS. I remember many exams that did not give you any more than
PASS or FAIL... for someone like you with nothing helpful to add I suspect
they were better.

Please note that I sign my full name to every post I write here... maybe if
that were a rule people like you would be a little less condescending. When
you have a few more certs after your name and maybe you will have earned the
right to be so, you will also understand why it is so beneath most of us.

Signed, as always,

--
Mitch Garvis, MCT, MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS, MCP
http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

"Mishawaka MCP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wow. How everyone doesn't get 1000 on this exam is beyond me. And the
> mere
> thought of failing 272 is laughable.
>
> "Reuben" wrote:
>
>> Finally passed 70-272 w/a 746. It took a few tries and I wished I had a
>> higher score, but a pass is a pass and I am now a MCDST!
>>
>> Took a different approach this time. Spentless time with practice tests
>> and
>> focused more on skills and concepts.
>>
>> Not sure of what's next in terms of cert exams and such. Me thinks I
>> need a
>> nap.

Jtyc

> Wow. How everyone doesn't get 1000 on this exam is beyond me. And the
> mere
> thought of failing 272 is laughable.

I shot a 246 my first time on the rifle range.