Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Does upgrading to the MCITP cert negate the MCDST?

Does upgrading to the MCITP cert negate the MCDST?

Joe Navy

I was browsing the Microsoft site the other today and I noticed that the Exam
70-620 has an option to upgrade from the MCDST. My question is if you do
this what happens to the MCDST cert? I worked really hard to get that cert
and I would hate to have it go away.

John R

"Joe Navy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was browsing the Microsoft site the other today and I noticed that the
>Exam
> 70-620 has an option to upgrade from the MCDST. My question is if you do
> this what happens to the MCDST cert? I worked really hard to get that
> cert
> and I would hate to have it go away.

Your MCDST cert will not go away. The 70-621 (which is what I think you
meant) just allows you to obtain the MCTS and MCITP certs a little quicker.
Any cert that you have now will never expire. They will become meaningless
some day, but they will not disappear. The new MCITP certifications will
have a three year life cycle. Details on renewing MCITP certifications have
not yet been made public.

John R