Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > XP Certification

Reply
Thread Tools

XP Certification

 
 
DEHawk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2008
Hello,
I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure which
course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the certification is
the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes, Blue
Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to software
issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any issues
that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to fix my
own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the best
course to take?
I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.

Thank you
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence Garvin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2008
"DEHawk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure which
> course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the certification is
> the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes, Blue
> Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to
> software
> issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any
> issues
> that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to fix
> my
> own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the best
> course to take?


Everything you want to know can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx


> I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
> also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.


I'm sure there is plenty of English-based instruction in Germany.

You can take the exams in whichever language you prefer.



--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The Rev [MCT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2008
The closest certification for this would be the MCDST.

Exam 70-271 & Exam 70-272

You can take Microsoft Courses:
2261 & 2262

For more information about this certification check out link Lawrence posted
already.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx

--
..rev

www.askthemct.com
..
"DEHawk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure which
> course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the certification is
> the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes, Blue
> Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to
> software
> issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any
> issues
> that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to fix
> my
> own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the best
> course to take?
> I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
> also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.
>
> Thank you


 
Reply With Quote
 
DEHawk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2008


"The Rev [MCT]" wrote:

> The closest certification for this would be the MCDST.
>
> Exam 70-271 & Exam 70-272
>
> You can take Microsoft Courses:
> 2261 & 2262
>
> For more information about this certification check out link Lawrence posted
> already.
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx
>
> --
> ..rev
>
> www.askthemct.com
> ..
> "DEHawk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> > I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure which
> > course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the certification is
> > the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes, Blue
> > Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to
> > software
> > issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any
> > issues
> > that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to fix
> > my
> > own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the best
> > course to take?
> > I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
> > also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.
> >
> > Thank you

>
> Thanks,

That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I sign up for the correct
course
 
Reply With Quote
 
DEHawk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2008


"DEHawk" wrote:

>
>
> "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:
>
> > The closest certification for this would be the MCDST.
> >
> > Exam 70-271 & Exam 70-272
> >
> > You can take Microsoft Courses:
> > 2261 & 2262
> >
> > For more information about this certification check out link Lawrence posted
> > already.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx
> >
> > --
> > ..rev
> >
> > www.askthemct.com
> > ..
> > "DEHawk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hello,
> > > I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure which
> > > course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the certification is
> > > the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes, Blue
> > > Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to
> > > software
> > > issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any
> > > issues
> > > that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to fix
> > > my
> > > own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the best
> > > course to take?
> > > I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
> > > also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.
> > >
> > > Thank you

> >
> > Thanks,

> That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I sign up for the correct
> course.

Okay so how do I sign up for the course? I cannot seem to find it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
John R
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2008

"DEHawk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> "DEHawk" wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:
>>
>> > The closest certification for this would be the MCDST.
>> >
>> > Exam 70-271 & Exam 70-272
>> >
>> > You can take Microsoft Courses:
>> > 2261 & 2262
>> >
>> > For more information about this certification check out link Lawrence
>> > posted
>> > already.
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx
>> >
>> > --
>> > ..rev
>> >
>> > www.askthemct.com
>> > ..
>> > "DEHawk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > > Hello,
>> > > I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure
>> > > which
>> > > course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the
>> > > certification is
>> > > the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes,
>> > > Blue
>> > > Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to
>> > > software
>> > > issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any
>> > > issues
>> > > that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to
>> > > fix
>> > > my
>> > > own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the
>> > > best
>> > > course to take?
>> > > I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany
>> > > so I
>> > > also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in
>> > > English.
>> > >
>> > > Thank you
>> >
>> > Thanks,

>> That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I sign up for the
>> correct
>> course.

> Okay so how do I sign up for the course? I cannot seem to find it.
>


MCDST isn't really a "course", it is a certification. To earn the
certification, you will be required to pass two tests, 70-271 and 70-272.
You can prepare for those tests any way that you like. The test objectives
are listed here....
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.mspx

Microsoft, as well as several other vendors do offer training courses to
help prepare you for these exams. You can visit the learning home page
www.microsoft.com/learning to find training, or to register for on-line
courses.

I think that most people however, start by buying studying materials. For
example, Microsoft Press publishes training guides for all of their tests,
and I have found those guides to be very good. You can find specifics about
those on this page...
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx

Additionally, vendors such as TestOut and ExamCram offer training guides and
videos to supplement your training. However, I have found that the best
training comes from actually setting up a couple computers (or virtual PC
environments) and actually playing with the technologies, following the labs
in the MS Press books, etc, along with actual experience in the field.
Certifications are, after all, about certifying your experience.

Once you think you are ready for one or both tests, contact Microsofts
testing partner Prometric (www.prometric.com) about scheduling an exam.

John R


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Pays More? MS Certification vs. Cisco Certification vs. IT/MIS emvd007@comcast.net Microsoft Certification 1 01-08-2009 03:37 PM
Which Pays More? MS Certification vs. Cisco Certification vs. IT/MIS emvd007@comcast.net Microsoft Certification 0 01-08-2009 01:02 AM
MCP Certification and the new certification tracks =?Utf-8?B?cm9oYW4=?= Microsoft Certification 2 10-29-2006 05:17 PM
Sun has initiated a new SCJA certification and it is a free certification for the first month jalagamvenkat@gmail.com Java 1 06-03-2005 03:05 PM



Advertisments