Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > New MCDST

New MCDST

Spyder

I had passed exam 271 earlier this year for my first exam and became an MCP.
On 12/13/07 I had taken my 272 exam and have passed. I am now an MCDST.
Next is the 621 to upgrade to Vista. Then from there 290 and 291 for my
MCSA. Good luck to all that are working on taking the MCDST exams.

zecto

congrat, just got my mcp on 12/17/2007 and working on mcdst too. for the
20-271, it was heavily concentrated on the networking aspect, is it like that
with the 20-272?
--
MCP
Windows Desktop Operating Systems

"Spyder" wrote:

> I had passed exam 271 earlier this year for my first exam and became an MCP.
> On 12/13/07 I had taken my 272 exam and have passed. I am now an MCDST.
> Next is the 621 to upgrade to Vista. Then from there 290 and 291 for my
> MCSA. Good luck to all that are working on taking the MCDST exams.

Spyder

I used the MS Press books for both exams and going through those helped me
out. The main advantage point for the tests was real world experience
though. I have been working with computers since DOS and have been in the IT
field for approx. 5 years now. The main focus on the first exam is knowing
how to install and setup XP. The second exam is more focused on once the OS
has been setup, maintaining and configuring it along with office suites. If
you know XP and Office you should do fine. The MS Press books helped much
more that the Sybex book I had bought. That book covers both exams but is
only as thick as one of the MS Press book for one exam. I also found that
the study questions were not as in depth.

New MCDST Chris Daniels MCDST 3 03-26-2006 11:06 PM
new to exam mcdst rask MCDST 4 11-03-2005 06:39 PM
Web Developer - New to mcdst Paul MCDST 0 04-01-2005 08:19 PM
MCDST new bie giribabu MCDST 1 04-30-2004 07:06 PM

Advertisments