Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Re: MCT 2008 Awards

Re: MCT 2008 Awards

Chris Mullins [MVP - C#]

At one point, the MCT was something I really wanted to go after. To become
an MCT I needed to either pass the Comp-Tia CTT+ exam, or take the Train The
Trainers exam. I have all the other requried certs...

As it was the cheapest option, I took the written Comp-Tia CTT+ written
exam, and passed with flying colors. I then video taped a special training
session, and sent it in for review. Surprise, Surprise, I failed by a hair.

I have personally talked to a half dozen people in this same posistion, and
not a single person who passed on their own. I can only conclude the way to
pass the CompTia stuff is to take their very expensive class. Given the
price attached to the video submittal, and the price attached to the class,
this left a very bad taste...

The TTT class is also very expensive, and there's no good way to take it
unless you work for a dedicated training company.

As an independant consultant who is asked to teach a course from time to
time, the MCT is, unfortunatly, not something I can practically go after.

--
Chris Mullins, MCAD, MCSD.Net, MCPD:EAD
Microsoft C# MVP

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Now is the opportunity to show gratitude for those hard working technical
> trainers known as MCTs. Many of these individuals have spent hundreds,
> even thousands of hours teaching technology as prescribed by Microsoft.
> While some MCTs teach in a stationary classroom, many travel the world
> educating students on the ends and outs of Microsoft technology. Now is
> the time for the industry and community to say thanks!
>
> The forums are currently open to everyone for registration and the
> nomination phase will start on 1/1/2008. We're looking for MCTs and CPLSs
> to nominate other MCTs for the award(s).
>
> Companies wishing to participate in sponsoring this event, please contact
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) or (E-Mail Removed) for
> details.
>
> Below, you can find further information concerning this inaugural event!
> MCT 2008 Forums: http://www.certguard.com/mct/mct2008/
> MCT 2008 Rules: http://www.CertGuard.com/MCT-2008.asp
> MCT 2008 Sponsors: http://www.CertGuard.com/MCT-Sponsors.asp

> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

TK [MCSE,MCT]

And then there's the $400 application fee.....

news:eJl$(E-Mail Removed)...