Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Sub 70-621 for Exam 70-620 for MCSA

Sub 70-621 for Exam 70-620 for MCSA

Torbuck

I currently have a MCDST cert and looking at going for my MCSA. I just found
about the 70-621 exam that upgrades my MCDST to a MCITP Enterprise Support
Technician. I am curious if taking the 70-621 exam would sub for the 70-620
credit towards an MCSA as well as give me the MCITP Enterprise Support
Technician cert.

Also, what is the difference between the 70-621 and 70-620 exams? It seems
that most study material for the 70-621 exams lists what you would study for
a 70-620 exam.

Thanks for any info\advice!

John R

"Torbuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I currently have a MCDST cert and looking at going for my MCSA. I just
>found
> about the 70-621 exam that upgrades my MCDST to a MCITP Enterprise Support
> Technician. I am curious if taking the 70-621 exam would sub for the
> 70-620
> credit towards an MCSA as well as give me the MCITP Enterprise Support
> Technician cert.
>
> Also, what is the difference between the 70-621 and 70-620 exams? It seems
> that most study material for the 70-621 exams lists what you would study
> for
> a 70-620 exam.
>
> Thanks for any info\advice!

Exam 70-621 is an Upgrade exam that allows an MCDST on XP to upgrade to both
MCTS Vista Config and MCITP Enterprise Support Tech. It is a combination of
all of the material on both 70-620 and 70-622 exams. I believe there was a
recent announcement that passing 70-621 would satisfy a 70-620 requirement
on any other certification paths. However, I would wait until someone else
confirms that as I am not 100% sure on that.

John R

John R

"Torbuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I currently have a MCDST cert and looking at going for my MCSA. I just
>found
> about the 70-621 exam that upgrades my MCDST to a MCITP Enterprise Support
> Technician. I am curious if taking the 70-621 exam would sub for the
> 70-620
> credit towards an MCSA as well as give me the MCITP Enterprise Support
> Technician cert.
>
> Also, what is the difference between the 70-621 and 70-620 exams? It seems
> that most study material for the 70-621 exams lists what you would study
> for
> a 70-620 exam.
>
> Thanks for any info\advice!

As a follow up, if you have MCDST, you already know 80 % of 70-270. That
test really should not be that difficult for a MCDST to come up to speed on
very very quickly.

John R

Pincopallino

"John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Torbuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I currently have a MCDST cert and looking at going for my MCSA. I just
>>found
>> about the 70-621 exam that upgrades my MCDST to a MCITP Enterprise
>> Support
>> Technician. I am curious if taking the 70-621 exam would sub for the
>> 70-620
>> credit towards an MCSA as well as give me the MCITP Enterprise Support
>> Technician cert.
>>
>> Also, what is the difference between the 70-621 and 70-620 exams? It
>> seems
>> that most study material for the 70-621 exams lists what you would study
>> for
>> a 70-620 exam.
>>
>> Thanks for any info\advice!

> Exam 70-621 is an Upgrade exam that allows an MCDST on XP to upgrade to
> both MCTS Vista Config and MCITP Enterprise Support Tech. It is a
> combination of all of the material on both 70-620 and 70-622 exams.

Currently there is no Microsoft Press Training Kit available for 70-621.
Someone knows if it will be printed in the near future or the two books for
620 and 622 will remain the training kits for this exam?

> I believe there was a recent announcement that passing 70-621 would
> satisfy a 70-620 requirement on any other certification paths.

Where have you heard it?

John R

"Pincopallino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fia9ol$lj2$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I believe there was a recent announcement that passing 70-621 would
>> satisfy a 70-620 requirement on any other certification paths.

> Where have you heard it?

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/...or-mcdsts.aspx

John R

sume90

you got a good ides

"John R" wrote:

> "Torbuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I currently have a MCDST cert and looking at going for my MCSA. I just
> >found
> > about the 70-621 exam that upgrades my MCDST to a MCITP Enterprise Support
> > Technician. I am curious if taking the 70-621 exam would sub for the
> > 70-620
> > credit towards an MCSA as well as give me the MCITP Enterprise Support
> > Technician cert.
> >
> > Also, what is the difference between the 70-621 and 70-620 exams? It seems
> > that most study material for the 70-621 exams lists what you would study
> > for
> > a 70-620 exam.
> >
> > Thanks for any info\advice!

> As a follow up, if you have MCDST, you already know 80 % of 70-270. That
> test really should not be that difficult for a MCDST to come up to speed on
> very very quickly.
>
> John R

Tiago A. Pešanha /IT Manager

So, 70-621 works as an elective of MCSA?

"sume90" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> you got a good ides
>
> "John R" wrote:
>

>> "Torbuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I currently have a MCDST cert and looking at going for my MCSA. I just
>> >found
>> > about the 70-621 exam that upgrades my MCDST to a MCITP Enterprise
>> > Support
>> > Technician. I am curious if taking the 70-621 exam would sub for the
>> > 70-620
>> > credit towards an MCSA as well as give me the MCITP Enterprise Support
>> > Technician cert.
>> >
>> > Also, what is the difference between the 70-621 and 70-620 exams? It
>> > seems
>> > that most study material for the 70-621 exams lists what you would
>> > study
>> > for
>> > a 70-620 exam.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any info\advice!

>> As a follow up, if you have MCDST, you already know 80 % of 70-270. That
>> test really should not be that difficult for a MCDST to come up to speed
>> on
>> very very quickly.
>>
>> John R

John R

"Tiago A. Pešanha /IT Manager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So, 70-621 works as an elective of MCSA?

As posted earlier...