Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST elective MCSA?

MCDST elective MCSA?

Neil

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can answer a question i have.

Can the MCDST count as an elective for the MCSA? I have heard that it can,
but i see nothing on the Microsoft website confirming this. I know that
Comptia A+ & Network+ can but havent seen anything with reference to the
MCDST

Thanks
Neil

jkozlowski

Yes, you can use MCDST as an elective.

"Neil" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone can answer a question i have.
>
> Can the MCDST count as an elective for the MCSA? I have heard that it can,
> but i see nothing on the Microsoft website confirming this. I know that
> Comptia A+ & Network+ can but havent seen anything with reference to the
> MCDST
>
> Thanks
> Neil

jkozlowski

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx

As an alternative to the electives that are listed in the Electives Table,
these certifications or certification combinations may substitute for an MCSA
elective:
Certification Classroom training Microsoft Official Distance Learning
Microsoft E-Learning Microsoft Press books
MCDST
See MCDST requirements
There are no distance learning courses currently available.
See MCDST requirements
See MCDST requirements

MCSA on Microsoft Windows 2000
See MCSA requirements
There are no distance learning courses currently available.
There are no e-learning courses currently available.
See MCSA requirements

MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000
See MCSE requirements
There are no distance learning courses currently available.
There are no e-learning courses currently available.
See MCSE requirements

MCSE on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
There is no classroom training currently available.
There are no distance learning courses currently available.
There are no e-learning courses currently available.
There are no Microsoft Press products currently available.

CompTIA A+

and

CompTIA Network+
There is no classroom training currently available.
There are no distance learning courses currently available.
There are no e-learning courses currently available.
There are no Microsoft Press products currently available.

CompTIA A+

and

CompTIA Server+
There is no classroom training currently available.
There are no distance learning courses currently available.
There are no e-learning courses currently available.
There are no Microsoft Press products currently available.

CompTIA Security+
Course 2810: Fundamentals of Network Security (four days)
There are no distance learning courses currently available.
There are no e-learning courses currently available.
Security+ Certification Training Kit (ISBN: 0-7356-1822-4)

"Neil" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone can answer a question i have.
>
> Can the MCDST count as an elective for the MCSA? I have heard that it can,
> but i see nothing on the Microsoft website confirming this. I know that
> Comptia A+ & Network+ can but havent seen anything with reference to the
> MCDST
>
> Thanks
> Neil

Neil

That answers my question, Thanks

"jkozlowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx
>
> As an alternative to the electives that are listed in the Electives Table,
> these certifications or certification combinations may substitute for an
> MCSA
> elective:
> Certification Classroom training Microsoft Official Distance Learning
> Microsoft E-Learning Microsoft Press books
> MCDST
> See MCDST requirements
> There are no distance learning courses currently available.
> See MCDST requirements
> See MCDST requirements
>
> MCSA on Microsoft Windows 2000
> See MCSA requirements
> There are no distance learning courses currently available.
> There are no e-learning courses currently available.
> See MCSA requirements
>
> MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000
> See MCSE requirements
> There are no distance learning courses currently available.
> There are no e-learning courses currently available.
> See MCSE requirements
>
> MCSE on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
> There is no classroom training currently available.
> There are no distance learning courses currently available.
> There are no e-learning courses currently available.
> There are no Microsoft Press products currently available.
>
> CompTIA A+
>
> and
>
> CompTIA Network+
> There is no classroom training currently available.
> There are no distance learning courses currently available.
> There are no e-learning courses currently available.
> There are no Microsoft Press products currently available.
>
> CompTIA A+
>
> and
>
> CompTIA Server+
> There is no classroom training currently available.
> There are no distance learning courses currently available.
> There are no e-learning courses currently available.
> There are no Microsoft Press products currently available.
>
> CompTIA Security+
> Course 2810: Fundamentals of Network Security (four days)
> There are no distance learning courses currently available.
> There are no e-learning courses currently available.
> Security+ Certification Training Kit (ISBN: 0-7356-1822-4)
>

> "Neil" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if someone can answer a question i have.
>>
>> Can the MCDST count as an elective for the MCSA? I have heard that it
>> can,
>> but i see nothing on the Microsoft website confirming this. I know that
>> Comptia A+ & Network+ can but havent seen anything with reference to the
>> MCDST
>>
>> Thanks
>> Neil

So what's up with MCDST elective John R MCSE 13 02-02-2007 01:51 AM
Does my MCDST cert. qualify for an MCSE elective? Aaron Rykhus MCSE 8 11-17-2006 02:21 AM
MCDST Accreditation for MCSA Elective minime MCSA 3 10-23-2004 11:29 AM
MCDST as MCSA elective Chris MCDST 5 02-03-2004 02:04 PM
MCDST as MCSA elective Chris MCSA 2 02-02-2004 04:37 PM

Advertisments