Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > What happens after testing?

What happens after testing?

The New Guy

Hello,

I just passed both tests on Monday. The test center had trouble with the 271
test and I had to restart it about 6 times. I even waited for another person
to finish 70-290 and try that test station. I was scheduled for 9 AM and
finished it around 1:30. Then I took 272 which worked fine though.

When I finished, I took my score sheet and left. (I was exhausted and still
had to drive 50 miles back home to work second shift). I know that I haven't
given them enough time, but no one told me what would happen next. The score
sheet says that it will take up to a week to update my transcript. What
transcript? Is this from Prometric? I can't register with the MCP site until
I get my MCPID. Will this be on the transcript? I can't find any info on
Prometric's site, and until I get my MCPID, I don't see any helpful info
from Microsoft about my specific situation. (Getting the MCP and MCDST on
the same day.)

Is my MCPID on the way in the mail? I know I have to request my welcome kit.
I'm just trying to determine if I need to take further action now or just
wait a week.

Thank you,

JT

Mark

You'll get a mail from MS with the details on how to logon to the MCP site
for the first time.
There you can request your goodies (certification paper, wallet card and so
on - called a welcome kit)

- Mark

"The New Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I just passed both tests on Monday. The test center had trouble with the
> 271 test and I had to restart it about 6 times. I even waited for another
> person to finish 70-290 and try that test station. I was scheduled for 9
> AM and finished it around 1:30. Then I took 272 which worked fine though.
>
> When I finished, I took my score sheet and left. (I was exhausted and
> still had to drive 50 miles back home to work second shift). I know that I
> haven't given them enough time, but no one told me what would happen next.
> The score sheet says that it will take up to a week to update my
> transcript. What transcript? Is this from Prometric? I can't register with
> the MCP site until I get my MCPID. Will this be on the transcript? I can't
> find any info on Prometric's site, and until I get my MCPID, I don't see
> any helpful info from Microsoft about my specific situation. (Getting the
> MCP and MCDST on the same day.)
>
> Is my MCPID on the way in the mail? I know I have to request my welcome
> kit. I'm just trying to determine if I need to take further action now or
> just wait a week.
>
> Thank you,
>
> JT

The New Guy

Thanks for your help. I'll just have to be patient now. Will it be an
e-mail or snail mail?

JT

"Mark" <(E-Mail Removed) m> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You'll get a mail from MS with the details on how to logon to the MCP site
> for the first time.
> There you can request your goodies (certification paper, wallet card and
> so on - called a welcome kit)
>
> - Mark

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"The New Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks for your help. I'll just have to be patient now. Will it be an
> e-mail or snail mail?
>
> JT
>

> "Mark" <(E-Mail Removed) m> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You'll get a mail from MS with the details on how to logon to the MCP site
> > for the first time.
> > There you can request your goodies (certification paper, wallet card and
> > so on - called a welcome kit)
> >
> > - Mark

Normally email. However, it is takes longer than 7-10 business days
contact http://www.microsoft.com/learning/su...orldsites.mspx and
have them look into it for you. You may get away with this after 3-4
days of not receiving your email.

Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

Neil

I waited 2 weeks for an email from Microsoft regarding my MCPID, as nothing
came through
so i rang the regional centre and they gave me all the required info to
logon to the MCP site
and request my welcome kit etc. Still to this day no email arrived from
microsoft telling me
what my MCPID was. I'd advise you call your regional centre, check the MS
site for the
appropriate number.

Regards
Neil
A+, MCP

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "The New Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Thanks for your help. I'll just have to be patient now. Will it be an
>> e-mail or snail mail?
>>
>> JT
>>

>> "Mark" <(E-Mail Removed) m> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > You'll get a mail from MS with the details on how to logon to the MCP
>> > site
>> > for the first time.
>> > There you can request your goodies (certification paper, wallet card
>> > and
>> > so on - called a welcome kit)
>> >
>> > - Mark

> Normally email. However, it is takes longer than 7-10 business days
> contact http://www.microsoft.com/learning/su...orldsites.mspx and have
> them look into it for you. You may get away with this after 3-4 days of
> not receiving your email.

> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

JoeB

Send MS an email on http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Only queries related to MCP pls!

"The New Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I just passed both tests on Monday. The test center had trouble with the
> 271 test and I had to restart it about 6 times. I even waited for another
> person to finish 70-290 and try that test station. I was scheduled for 9
> AM and finished it around 1:30. Then I took 272 which worked fine though.
>
> When I finished, I took my score sheet and left. (I was exhausted and
> still had to drive 50 miles back home to work second shift). I know that I
> haven't given them enough time, but no one told me what would happen next.
> The score sheet says that it will take up to a week to update my
> transcript. What transcript? Is this from Prometric? I can't register with
> the MCP site until I get my MCPID. Will this be on the transcript? I can't
> find any info on Prometric's site, and until I get my MCPID, I don't see
> any helpful info from Microsoft about my specific situation. (Getting the
> MCP and MCDST on the same day.)
>
> Is my MCPID on the way in the mail? I know I have to request my welcome
> kit. I'm just trying to determine if I need to take further action now or
> just wait a week.
>
> Thank you,
>
> JT

The New Guy

Thank you all for your help. I called and got my MCPID and now my welcome
kits are on the way.

JT
The newest MCDST

news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...