Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 70-270

70-270

Neil Graham

I took the 70-270 recently and found it very hard, because of the quantity
of IIS questions, which don't get a mention in the 70-270 MS press book.
I have now decided to take a step back and do the MCDST cert. Passed the 271
fairly easy and im going to take the 272 in a couple of weeks (fingers
crossed)

Any advice about the 70-270??
Thanks

Neil

John R

"Neil Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I took the 70-270 recently and found it very hard, because of the quantity
>of IIS questions, which don't get a mention in the 70-270 MS press book.
> I have now decided to take a step back and do the MCDST cert. Passed the
> 271 fairly easy and im going to take the 272 in a couple of weeks (fingers
> crossed)
>
> Any advice about the 70-270??
> Thanks
>
> Neil

It's hard to know what you want to hear or what you are looking for. While
there is some crossover of material between 271 and 270, 271 is more user
oriented and 270 is more system administator oriented. That is, 270 looks
at XP from a system admin point of view, while 271 looks at it from a tech
support user point of view. I found both tests challenging, but I managed
to get a good score on both the first time. Of course, I had a more than a
few years actually administering and supporting desktops prior to taking
these exams.

As I recall, there were some IIS questions on my 270 test, but I don't
recall if there were enough to endanger a passing score. However, there are
lots of good resources out there on IIS and the concepts are not too
difficult to understand. If you think that was all that held you back from
passing, I would imagine it would not be much of a chore to catch up.

Good luck.

John R