Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 70-271/272 How Questions On tests

Reply
Thread Tools

70-271/272 How Questions On tests

 
 
James Stoddard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2007
How many questions are there on each test?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mostly Gizzards
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2007
catwalker63 wrote:
> "James Stoddard" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:HFYwi.29638$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> How many questions are there on each test?
>>

>
> Anywhere from 35-70. Why?
>


Seriously, has anyone ever felt after an exam that knowing the number of
questions ahead of time would have been of any value?

MG
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
James Stoddard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2007
this is FIRST MS Cert I have ever done in 30 years in IT and JUSt curious -
nothing more or less

Sorry for upsetting the apple cart folks


"catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns998E4F2054DB7catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "James Stoddard" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:HFYwi.29638$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> How many questions are there on each test?
>>

>
> Anywhere from 35-70. Why?
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."



 
Reply With Quote
 
Sandythegeek2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2007
Looks to me that he is asking a simple question. Makes me afraid to ask any
questions in here due to the fear that I will be ridiculed for asking a
stupid question. Seems that some are too condescending. Does it matter how
many questions there are on each test? Probably not, but doesn't he have
the right to ask the experienced people in here any question he has
regarding these tests? Maybe this information is helpful to him. Who are
we to judge? If you don't want to help people, why be in here? No question
is a stupid question. Those that do not ask questions are the stupid ones.
Does it make you feel better about yourself if you make someone else feel
stupid for asking questions? Regardless of how many certifications, years
of experience, status in the IT industry, you may have, there is no reason
to be so condescending.
Like we've all heard before, If you don't have something nice to say, don't
say anything at all.


"catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns998E67DC0CC94catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> Mostly Gizzards <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> catwalker63 wrote:
>>> "James Stoddard" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
>>> news:HFYwi.29638$(E-Mail Removed):
>>>
>>>> How many questions are there on each test?
>>>>
>>>
>>> Anywhere from 35-70. Why?
>>>

>>
>> Seriously, has anyone ever felt after an exam that knowing the number
>> of questions ahead of time would have been of any value?

>
> Not me!
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."


 
Reply With Quote
 
Montreal MCT
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2007
Hi James,

After all of the banter back and forth, the answer is that the number
varies. I believe I had fifty questions, and I know of others who had a few
more or less. The point is that you should on any given Microsoft exam
expect to see between 40 and 65 questions, and this one falls right in
there.

If I remember correctly (I sat the exam a year ago) there were 50 on 271 and
60 on 272.

Now good luck and go pass them!

M

--
Mitch Garvis, MCT
MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
"James Stoddard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HFYwi.29638$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How many questions are there on each test?
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Sandythegeek2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2007
"Cowboy the f up"?? How professional and mature.
Do you treat the users like this as well?


"catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns998EBADF987ABcatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "Sandythegeek2" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Looks to me that he is asking a simple question. Makes me afraid to
>> ask any questions in here due to the fear that I will be ridiculed for
>> asking a stupid question. Seems that some are too condescending.
>> Does it matter how many questions there are on each test? Probably
>> not, but doesn't he have the right to ask the experienced people in
>> here any question he has regarding these tests? Maybe this
>> information is helpful to him. Who are we to judge? If you don't
>> want to help people, why be in here? No question is a stupid
>> question. Those that do not ask questions are the stupid ones. Does
>> it make you feel better about yourself if you make someone else feel
>> stupid for asking questions? Regardless of how many certifications,
>> years of experience, status in the IT industry, you may have, there is
>> no reason to be so condescending.
>> Like we've all heard before, If you don't have something nice to say,
>> don't say anything at all.
>>

>
> This is Usenet, not nursery school. We are IT Professionals, not wet
> nurses. If you come in purporting to be a professional and can't do
> basic research, expect to get spanked. Cowboy the fsck up!
>
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."


 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2007
"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi James,
>
> After all of the banter back and forth, the answer is that the number
> varies. I believe I had fifty questions, and I know of others who had a few
> more or less. The point is that you should on any given Microsoft exam
> expect to see between 40 and 65 questions, and this one falls right in
> there.
>
> If I remember correctly (I sat the exam a year ago) there were 50 on 271 and
> 60 on 272.
>
> Now good luck and go pass them!
>
> M
>
> --
> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
> "James Stoddard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HFYwi.29638$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How many questions are there on each test?
> >


61 on mine.
--
Michael D. Alligood,
MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mostly Gizzards
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2007
James Stoddard wrote:
> this is FIRST MS Cert I have ever done in 30 years in IT and JUSt curious -
> nothing more or less
>
> Sorry for upsetting the apple cart folks
>
>
> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns998E4F2054DB7catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
>> "James Stoddard" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
>> news:HFYwi.29638$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> How many questions are there on each test?
>>>

>> Anywhere from 35-70. Why?
>>
>> --
>> Catwalker
>> MCNGP #43
>> www.mcngp.com
>> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

>
>

Our apple cart is doing fine, but we appreciate the concern.

If you're prepared for the exam, you will find that the time limit is
more valuable to you than the # of questions. Some questions might only
be a quick couple sentences but its those questions that scroll down
that make me cringe.

What I'm saying (and was saying before) is that you'll find out quickly
that the # of questions is fairly irrelevant, and as long as you are
prepared for the exam you'll have ample time.

Unless you suck at taking tests. That changes things a tad.

I hope you to report back when you pass.

MG
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lnkwizard2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2007





"Sandythegeek2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looks to me that he is asking a simple question. Makes me afraid to ask
> any questions in here due to the fear that I will be ridiculed for asking
> a stupid question. Seems that some are too condescending. Does it matter
> how many questions there are on each test? Probably not, but doesn't he
> have the right to ask the experienced people in here any question he has
> regarding these tests? Maybe this information is helpful to him. Who are
> we to judge? If you don't want to help people, why be in here? No
> question is a stupid question. Those that do not ask questions are the
> stupid ones. Does it make you feel better about yourself if you make
> someone else feel stupid for asking questions? Regardless of how many
> certifications, years of experience, status in the IT industry, you may
> have, there is no reason to be so condescending.
> Like we've all heard before, If you don't have something nice to say,
> don't say anything at all.
>
>


Sandy;
In an effort to be nice, and in this case it is a struggle for me, I
will shed a bit of enlightenment in your direction.

1.) According to a reliable source at Microsoft, they (Microsoft) consider
telling someone the number of questions on a test a violation of the NDA.
There is no room for debate on this, it is their game, their rules and
despite
it sounding completely silly we have to play by their rules.

b.) This question has been asked so many time within this and other
newsgroups that a simple search would provide a ballpark figure that
may or may not help the OP.

gamma.) One thing that is needed by any person who is seriously
pursuing a career the IT filed be it, tech support, sysadmin, programmer,
DBM, or even (shudder) a webmaster is the ability to perform
research for ones self. If you can't be bothered to even try and find
your own answer why should you expect someone to do it for you?

????.) Many of us have answered with the URLs where one can get
an idea of what is needed but have just finally been worn out by the
sheer volume that hits this place.

We have no problem providing assistance to well thought out questions,
this means you include the research you've done to find it on your own,
and even better, not so much as asking us for the answer as asking us
for references where the answer can be found. It isn't that we don't
want to help you, it is more in that we don't feel the need to hand out
freebies, we get enough of that kind of crap at work and any other
social group setting we are in. I can't even visit family without being
hammered
with computer questions.

Maybe it isn't too "professional" but we all need a place to let our
collective hair down and vent a little especially on those who should
really know better. Let's face it, we can't kill our clusers and in some
cases
we can't even be mildly sarcastic or slightly mean to them or we will
hurt there poor little cluser feelings and get reported to manglement
for being nasty. This is our "club room" where we can get out
our frustrations and even ****, moan, and groan, about the BS we face
on a regular basis. I will guarantee that this occurs within any
professional society out there.

Hopefully this provides you a bit of an insight to what is going
on and I for one hope that you don't get this cynical and grumpy
too early in your career.


 
Reply With Quote
 
LarryWestMCSD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2007
I thought the answer to all of life's important questions was 42.
Now you're telling me that the answer varies? Douglass Adams must be
spinning in his grave.

I sometimes wonder if some people asking "how many questions" are really
asking "I found a braindump with a certain number of questions, do I have
them all?"

If that is what a reader of this newsgroup wants to know, he or she can send
a copy of their braindump(s), along with their MCP ID number (if they have
one) to Tom C. Tips at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).
He should be able to tell you how accurate your braindump is, and whether or
not you have all the questions and correct answers.

--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
* always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
* developing personal computer software since before the PC.


"Montreal MCT" wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> After all of the banter back and forth, the answer is that the number
> varies. I believe I had fifty questions, and I know of others who had a few
> more or less. The point is that you should on any given Microsoft exam
> expect to see between 40 and 65 questions, and this one falls right in
> there.
>
> If I remember correctly (I sat the exam a year ago) there were 50 on 271 and
> 60 on 272.
>
> Now good luck and go pass them!
>
> M
>
> --
> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
> "James Stoddard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HFYwi.29638$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How many questions are there on each test?
> >

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
Junit tests, setting up tests without having to create a billion methods xyzzy12@hotmail.com Java 8 02-28-2006 08:59 PM
Tests without study guides or practice tests? =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNS?= Microsoft Certification 8 12-20-2005 04:59 AM
Constant.t fails 240 of 272 tests and recurs.t fails 1 of 25 tests on HPUX using perl 5.8.7 dayo Perl Misc 11 12-16-2005 09:09 PM
Re: Questions....questions....questions Patrick Michael A+ Certification 0 06-16-2004 04:53 PM



Advertisments