Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Passed 271 & 272 - Now what?

Passed 271 & 272 - Now what?

miaminole

Does Microsoft automatically send a MCDST certificate, or is there somewhere
you have to request one?

Montreal MCT

Hi Miami,

Once you have passed the two exams you have to wait for the certification to
appear on your MCP Transcript. Once it does you can go to the private MCP
site and under Benefits/Welcome Kits you will see how to request one. You
have to verify your address but it is about as simple as that.

Congrats!

Mitch Garvis, MCT
MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
"miaminole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does Microsoft automatically send a MCDST certificate, or is there
> somewhere you have to request one?

John R

"miaminole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does Microsoft automatically send a MCDST certificate, or is there
> somewhere you have to request one?

You need to log on to the mcp member site at https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp
You'll need your MCP ID and a password to get on to that site. You should
have received an email from Microsoft after you passed your first test,
although as I understand it, those emails haven't been going out. If you
did not receive that, you can contact your regional service center (by phone
preferrably) and they will help you with that.

Anyway, once you get on the site, on the left there is a link for program
benefits, and one of the links off that says 'Welcome kits and
certificates'. Once you verify your shipping address, they will send you
your welcome kits.

Congrats on the MCDST

John R

Montreal MCT

Hey Miaminole. Congrats and welcome to the club!

--
Mitch Garvis, MCT
MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
"miaminole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks to all. I did it today.

Passed 271 - Now I write 272 tomorrow Muncher MCDST 5 03-07-2008 09:59 PM
072-272 072-271 and 070-272 070-271 are these the same thing StealthZ MCDST 3 06-06-2007 12:51 AM
70-272 Passed 3RD Attempt w/MS Press Book 70-272 by Walter Glenn JSIC MCDST 3 07-22-2005 02:50 AM
Passed 70-271 and 70-272 Peter MCDST 1 02-25-2004 12:45 PM
Passed 271. What about 272 mike MCDST 1 01-15-2004 08:00 PM

Advertisments