Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > OT: Compensation Culture Gone Mad!

OT: Compensation Culture Gone Mad!

Neil

did you hear djpimpdaddy <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> I NEVER miss the humorus opportunity to give users the instruction/
> safety manual that comes with a new keyboard. I tell them specifically
> to "read and adhear to all safety guidelines in there, otherwise
> [they] may jepordize their safety and the saftey of those around
> them." People laugh until I turn the keyboard over and show them the
> health warnings. I tell them that I may have just saved their life.
> Ungratefull bastards!

SPEW!

....and speaking of keyboards, you now OWE ME ONE!!!

- "I've got a bad cold," Tom said infectiously.

Neil

did you hear "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>>> No health warnings? Sue the manufacturer! Oh, wait, you're a Brit.
>>> You have to be American to do that.
>>>

>> We Brits are starting to get pretty litigious too ...
>>
>> No, there are no health warnings on my keyboard (it looks pretty old
>> judging by the number of crumbs inside it), but my colleague has one
>> that starts "Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious
>> injuries or disorders ..."
>>
>> I can feel about of Repetitive Strain Injury coming on ...

> What you need is VIGOROUS MASSAGE!
>
> I'll be right over.

Mrs. Frisbee on line 2

- Confucius say: Can not change wife of 40 for two twenties

Neil

did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:u
$(E-Mail Removed):

> *flexes*

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

- Tag line thievery... On the next Geraldo!

Lnkwizard2

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How hot should coffee reasonably be expected to be?

>> It should be hot.

190 degrees

> What might you reasonably expect to happen if some of this coffee spilled
> on your lap? Give me a serious answer here (It's okay for you to make
> flippant answers most everywhere else). A little discomfort? A red mark?
> Third-degree burns? Think you might need some skin grafts, perhaps?

considering the temperature it is supposed to be brewed at
and assuming you get a just brewed batch, I would expect
at least second degree burns, with a potential need for
a skin graft if the wound gets infected.

Jtyc

> Have you read the details of the case at all? I know Jtyc hasn't.

Liar liar, plants for hire.

djpimpdaddy

***WARNING****

CONTINUOUS POSTING COULD LEAD TO SEVERE HEALTH DEFECTS INCLUDING
CARBAL TUNNEL,POOR EYESIGHT,IMPOTENCE,GOUT,SUDDENT DEATH,AND IRRATABLE
BOWEL SYNDROME. THE SURGEN GENERAL HAS ALSO DETERMINED THAT THE
POSTINGS IN THIS GROUP HAS BEEN LINKED WITH A CHEMICAL THAT CAUSES
CANCER ONLY IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA,WHERE SIMPLY BREATHING ALSO
CAUSES CANCER. PLEASE WAIT A FULL 30 MINUTES BEFORE POSTING ON THIS
GROUP. USENET IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL DAMAGES
RESULTING FROM MISSUSE, LEGAL OR OTHERWISE. PLEASE CONSULT A PHYSICIAN
BEFORE POSTING ON USENET OR ANY OTHER ONLINE SITES. MEMBER FCID.

Neil

did you hear "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Have you read the details of the case at all?

I have not, nor do I intend to read it. If the coffee was hot (assume
that it is) and I was careless and allowed the coffee to burn me (no
matter how bad) I would not take it upon myself to sue someone else for
millions in punitive compenstation.

There is also a not at the top of one of my ladders that says that "this
is not a step". I know from just using common sense that if the ladder
gets wobbly, safety is beginning to decline and my risks are increasing.
If I choose to ignore the warning and use that step any way, the fault is
my own, not the manufacturers, WITH OR WITHOUT THE WARNING! I'm sorry,
but the US is too "sue happy" for my liking.

- Oh, Lisa, you and your stories: Bart's a vampire, beer kills brain
cells. Now let's go back to that... building...thingie... where our beds
and TV... is. - Homer Simpson

Jtyc

> Makes for a good baseline, though. Wouldn't one think?

Not for commercial use, no.

> Does coffee really need to be a lot hotter for restaurants than it is at
> home?

Yes. If you have to serve say 3000 people on board a ship, the last thing
you want to do is make them wait in line for an hour for their friggin
coffee. You make a large batch at a higher temparature so you can serve
more for a longer time.

> She didn't "pour" it, but let's proceed...

> What might you reasonably expect to happen if some of this coffee spilled
> on your lap? Give me a serious answer here (It's okay for you to make
> flippant answers most everywhere else). A little discomfort? A red mark?
> Third-degree burns? Think you might need some skin grafts, perhaps?

I would expect to know enough about hot coffee to be damn careful with it.

What might you resonably expect if you were to slice your own hand open with
a knife? When are you responsible for yourself?

Jtyc

> *snicker*

Have you tried the dark chocolate ones yet? Not bad.

Neil

did you hear djpimpdaddy <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> CONTINUOUS POSTING COULD LEAD TO SEVERE HEALTH DEFECTS INCLUDING
> CARBAL TUNNEL,POOR EYESIGHT,IMPOTENCE,GOUT,SUDDENT DEATH,AND IRRATABLE
> BOWEL SYNDROME.

puh-lease, like that would keep me from posting.

The nozulla side effects wouldn't keep me from posting.

- Hey Santa, how much for your list of naughty girls?