Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > OT: Compensation Culture Gone Mad!

OT: Compensation Culture Gone Mad!

CBIC

news:uLY$(E-Mail Removed)...

> What the hell... this beats a CBIC/Neil post-fest anyday. Let's get into
> it again.

whatever

TheITGirl

> No health warnings? Sue the manufacturer! Oh, wait, you're a Brit. You
> have to be American to do that.

We Brits are starting to get pretty litigious too ...

No, there are no health warnings on my keyboard (it looks pretty old judging
by the number of crumbs inside it), but my colleague has one that starts
"Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders
...."

I can feel about of Repetitive Strain Injury coming on ...

IT Girl MCDST

Jtyc

> How hot should coffee reasonably be expected to be?

It should be hot.

> How hot is coffee typically made from a drip machine at home?

I didn't know you could service thousands of customers from your drip coffee
maker at home.

> How hot was her coffee?

It was probably hot. Hot enough for me to know not to pour it into my own
lap anyways.

CBIC

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:uLY$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> What the hell... this beats a CBIC/Neil post-fest anyday. Let's get
>>> into it again.

>> whatever

> Don't make me smack you upside the head, boy!

Try it old man. I'll drop you like a turd.

CBIC

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Don't make me smack you upside the head, boy!
>>>

>> Try it old man. I'll drop you like a turd.

> What were we talking about again?

That's what I thought you'd say.

*flexes*

Neil

did you hear "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> (I think Neil did this on purpose... sort of like when we goad him to
> poast).

*snicker*

- Bit: The increment by which programmers go insane.

Neil

did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uLY$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> What the hell... this beats a CBIC/Neil post-fest anyday. Let's get
>> into it again.
>>

> whatever

what? you wanted to see the numbers boost. Now it's the second largest
number of poasts this year...

- Bit: The increment by which programmers go insane.

Neil

did you hear "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

get

>>> Don't make me smack you upside the head, boy!
>>>

>> Try it old man. I'll drop you like a turd.

> What were we talking about again?

memory is the second thing to go...

- THAT tagline is true ---> <--- THAT tagline is false

Neil

did you hear "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> How hot was her coffee?

> It was probably hot. Hot enough for me to know not to pour it into my
> own lap anyways.

TMML

- Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

Neil

did you hear "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> She didn't "pour" it, but let's proceed...
>
> What might you reasonably expect to happen if some of this coffee
> spilled on your lap? Give me a serious answer here (It's okay for you
> to make flippant answers most everywhere else). A little discomfort?
> A red mark? Third-degree burns? Think you might need some skin
> grafts, perhaps?

lesse, if I've spilled hot things on my lap, yes I espect at least a
little discomfort. I do NOT however, feel I should be compensated for
this discomfort.

- "I travel by motorcycle," said he triumphantly.