Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Re: Salary Increases with MCDST certification

Re: Salary Increases with MCDST certification

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> No, I didn't ask them and it wasn't the main reason for doing the cert. On the other hand, I would have thought that as one obtains more qualifications, regardless if only an MCDST for the time being, that this would in make a person worth more to keep around...my mistake....
>
> --
>

> TJ, MCDST

This is where individuals who seek certifications think that they will
get a decent paying job -- or a job at all. If one has been
demonstrating the skills of a MCDST or Support Technician in their
current employment, why should the employer give them a raise because
they passed an exam?

I remember this kid one time how has a Junior Support Technician. He
took and passed like 8 or 9 exams in a year and ended up with an A+,
Net+ and MCSE 2000. He petitioned for a raise and was denied 2x. He was
****ed and asked why. The employer told him that his current position
did not require these certifications. Not to mentioned, it was a little
shady as to how he "studied" for his exams.

Moral of the story: When in doubt, and before you start; ask.

Good luck TJ.

--
Michael D. Alligood,
MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+