Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 271 Vs 272

271 Vs 272

Ike

I passed 70-271 and planning to take 70-272. I am using MS-press plus
measureUp and Transcenders for study material. My question is:
Are there similar topics like language settings, network troubleshooting,
and policies? I looked at the exam objectives on the website but they were
not clear.

Thanks

TheITGirl

"Ike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I passed 70-271 and planning to take 70-272. I am using MS-press plus
>measureUp and Transcenders for study material. My question is:
> Are there similar topics like language settings, network troubleshooting,
> and policies? I looked at the exam objectives on the website but they were
> not clear.
>
> Thanks

Hello Ike

The 272 exam is very much geared towards desktop applications, and
particularly MS Office applications, with an emphasis on customisation and
troubleshooting. You will not need to know how to create complex charts in
Excel or tables of contents in Word etc, but you should be comfortable with
customising the menus and toolbars, and should be familiar with the Options
dialogs in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Outlook Express.

There is some overlap between the two exams, and you will find some topics,
eg. configuring IE6, could pop up on both as they fall within the objectives
of both of exams.

HTH

TheITGirl MCDST

Ike

Thanks ITGIRL.

"TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I passed 70-271 and planning to take 70-272. I am using MS-press plus
>>measureUp and Transcenders for study material. My question is:
>> Are there similar topics like language settings, network troubleshooting,
>> and policies? I looked at the exam objectives on the website but they
>> were not clear.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Hello Ike
>
> The 272 exam is very much geared towards desktop applications, and
> particularly MS Office applications, with an emphasis on customisation and
> troubleshooting. You will not need to know how to create complex charts
> in Excel or tables of contents in Word etc, but you should be comfortable
> with customising the menus and toolbars, and should be familiar with the
> Options dialogs in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Outlook Express.
>
> There is some overlap between the two exams, and you will find some
> topics, eg. configuring IE6, could pop up on both as they fall within the
> objectives of both of exams.
>
> HTH
>
> TheITGirl MCDST

072-272 072-271 and 070-272 070-271 are these the same thing StealthZ MCDST 3 06-06-2007 12:51 AM
70-271 and 70-272 training material? Jonathan Microsoft Certification 1 10-15-2006 07:33 AM
70-272 Passed 3RD Attempt w/MS Press Book 70-272 by Walter Glenn JSIC MCDST 3 07-22-2005 02:50 AM
70-271 and 70-272 pim kuyper MCSE 2 12-29-2004 04:17 AM
271 & 272 game me MCSA?? davidmax MCSE 4 02-09-2004 05:10 PM

Advertisments