Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST 70-272 exam

MCDST 70-272 exam

Andrew Kim

Hello everybody,

I am trying to get my MCDST certification, I've already passed the 70-271.
My concern is with the 70-272 exam. I have the MS Self Paced Training Kit
and it references Office 2003 and IE 6. Does the test still concentrate on
these technologies or has it been updated to Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks
for your help.

Andrew

Maincat

news:Xns996C4FF8E6D4Ecatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "Andrew Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am trying to get my MCDST certification, I've already passed the
>> 70-271. My concern is with the 70-272 exam. I have the MS Self Paced
>> Training Kit and it references Office 2003 and IE 6. Does the test
>> still concentrate on these technologies or has it been updated to
>> Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Andrew
>>

> Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.
>
> BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling back
> to 2003.
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

Why do you hate Office 2007? Is there a particular reason - I'm interested
in that I thought about moving from 2003 to 2007.

CBIC

news:Xns996C4FF8E6D4Ecatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "Andrew Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am trying to get my MCDST certification, I've already passed the
>> 70-271. My concern is with the 70-272 exam. I have the MS Self Paced
>> Training Kit and it references Office 2003 and IE 6. Does the test
>> still concentrate on these technologies or has it been updated to
>> Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Andrew
>>

> Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.
>
> BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling back
> to 2003.

I'm a true Sysadmin. I only use notepad.

djpimpdaddy

On Jul 13, 1:37 pm, "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:Xns996C4FF8E6D4Ecatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
>

> > "Andrew Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> >news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> >> Hello everybody,

> >> I am trying to get my MCDST certification, I've already passed the
> >> 70-271. My concern is with the 70-272 exam. I have the MS Self Paced
> >> Training Kit and it references Office 2003 and IE 6. Does the test
> >> still concentrate on these technologies or has it been updated to
> >> Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks for your help.

> >> Andrew

> > Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.

> > BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling back
> > to 2003.

> I'm a true Sysadmin. I only use notepad.- Hide quoted text -

I finally got a Vista PC to play with at work. I was leary about
Office 2007 for one single reason. When I synched my spiffy Nextel
Crackberry it erased most of the fields on the phone when I resynched
since in the Office 07 beta R2 and Office 07 Pro Plus (now using)
Outlook stores most of the info in XML format, i think. Blackberry's
software didn't know what to do with it so it just kinda erased it
all. FINALLY blackberry updated their software and for once, I am
using Vista business, Office 07 Pro Plus, and my crackberry at once.

The leap is far but soooooo great when it all falls together. I think
I was on an emotional high yesterday watching a M$ Live Meeting
webcast on Server 2008 on my shiny new pc. It, like office 07 has a
demanding learning curve, but it rocks once you "get it". I can
honestly say that my MCDST cert training made it a heck of a lot
easier. I know that no matter what Vista or office 07 looks like, deep
down they have all the same exact settings. It's just a matter of
digging them up. Once you master Outlook 2003, 07 is a breeze. A...
pretty breeze....

I have not checked but I imagine Office 07 is on the Vista tests.

Ike

I don't like the layout, I guess I got used to 2000, 2003 look. I like using
the menu bar.

news:Xns996C4FF8E6D4Ecatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "Andrew Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am trying to get my MCDST certification, I've already passed the
>> 70-271. My concern is with the 70-272 exam. I have the MS Self Paced
>> Training Kit and it references Office 2003 and IE 6. Does the test
>> still concentrate on these technologies or has it been updated to
>> Office 2007 and IE7? Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Andrew
>>

> Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.
>
> BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling back
> to 2003.
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com

CBIC

news:Xns996C881114BB3catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...

I'm not retarded or 4 1/2 years old,
> so I don't need a bunch of gigantic icons.

TMMLOL

TheITGirl

news:Xns996C881114BB3catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "Maincat" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns996C4FF8E6D4Ecatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
>>>
>>> Office 2007 and IE7 are not on the exam.
>>>
>>> BTW: Anyone else hate Office 2007? Especially Word? I'm rolling
>>> back to 2003.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Catwalker
>>> MCNGP #43
>>> www.mcngp.com
>>> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

>> Why do you hate Office 2007? Is there a particular reason - I'm
>> interested in that I thought about moving from 2003 to 2007.
>>

> The main reason: Word saves to .docx format by default and I can't find
> a way to change it and make it stick. I can change it so it stays for as
> long as I'm logged into the computer but as soon as I log out and back
> in, it's back. Argh!!
>
> Also, it defaults to double space and I can't get it to default to single
> space. And I want my menus back. I'm not retarded or 4 1/2 years old,
> so I don't need a bunch of gigantic icons.
>
> Bleh! Let's face it. I haven't been happy since I had to give up
> WordPerfect.
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

Hello Catwalker

Ah, WordPerfect 5.1 - they don't make 'em like that anymore! Reveal Codes
was such a brilliant feature - Microsoft's show/hide feature doesn't come
close!

My firm changed from WP5.1 for DOS to WP6.0a for Windows, and then
ultimately to WP7.0 before finally succumbing to the domination of MS Word.
I still think WP was more intuitive and easy to use than Word.

ITGirl MCDST

Tom

Deb Shinder wrote about a third party program she uses to make Office 2007
look like 2003. Check the winxpnews site for it, I think it was just this
past summer so it shouldn't take too long to find it.

Tom