Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST Cert

MCDST Cert

Ricardo F

Does anyone know how long does it take for the Cert to arrive in the mail or
should I have to request it?

Thanks

John R

"Ricardo F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how long does it take for the Cert to arrive in the mail
> or
> should I have to request it?
>
> Thanks

You should have received an email from Microsoft when you passed your first
exam with information on how to access the MCP member site
https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp When you access the site for the first time,
you can associate your MCP ID with your login. Once you can get into the
site, you have to click on 'Program Benefits', and then 'Welcome kits and
certificates'. Verify that your shipping address is correct, and submit it.
Once you submit your request, it should take a few weeks to receive it. It
says 4-6 weeks on the site, but my experience is it takes less than that.

Congrats on obtaining your cert.

John R

John R

"Ricardo F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how long does it take for the Cert to arrive in the mail
> or
> should I have to request it?
>
> Thanks

BTW, you don't have to wait for the actual paper certificate to enjoy any
potential benefits. Once you can get into the MCP site, you can print out a
transcript which shows the tests that you passed and when you passed them,
as well as what certifications you currently hold (it does not show any test
scores, just that you passed and what you hold). You can also setup a
transcript sharing code that will allow others (like your employer or
potential employer) to verify that you hold the certification that you are
claiming. They can access that information from Microsoft's website thus
proving that you are in fact giving accurate information.

John R

BK

It takes approximately 6-8 weeks.
--
BNS6

"Ricardo F" wrote:

> Does anyone know how long does it take for the Cert to arrive in the mail or
> should I have to request it?
>
> Thanks

Michael Gossett

Noone's received ANY MCP emails on registration lately....
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ricardo F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone know how long does it take for the Cert to arrive in the mail
>> or
>> should I have to request it?
>>
>> Thanks

> You should have received an email from Microsoft when you passed your
> first exam with information on how to access the MCP member site
> https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp When you access the site for the first
> time, you can associate your MCP ID with your login. Once you can get
> into the site, you have to click on 'Program Benefits', and then 'Welcome
> kits and certificates'. Verify that your shipping address is correct, and
> submit it. Once you submit your request, it should take a few weeks to
> receive it. It says 4-6 weeks on the site, but my experience is it takes
> less than that.
>
> Congrats on obtaining your cert.
>
> John R

Ricardo F

John thanks,

I can say that it is true when people say that they didn't receive any
e-mail from Microsoft after taking the first or second exam

Well, I ended calling the MCP support to have them send me the e-mail and
they did now I'm happy to access MCP member site.

My next step is A+ by the end of this year and then I'm going after
MCSA next year

thanks all for the replies

Ricardo F.
MCDST