Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST

MCDST

Gizmo

Does anyone know if and when a MCDST certification will expire?

AJR

It doesn't.

"Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if and when a MCDST certification will expire?

Montreal MCT

To elaborate somewhat on AJR's answer:

Any old certs (going back to MCSE NT4) do not expire. In a nutshell, you
would forevermore be a MCDST on Windows XP.

All new certifications will expire, which is one of the reasons the program
was revamped. I think it is a better system based on that, even if it is a
little more complex.

"Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if and when a MCDST certification will expire?

Chance Webster

Isn't it just the MCITP exams you have to take every 3 years or did they
decide to do that with the MCTS exams as well?
--
Chance Webster
A+, Network+, MCDST

"Montreal MCT" wrote:

> To elaborate somewhat on AJR's answer:
>
> Any old certs (going back to MCSE NT4) do not expire. In a nutshell, you
> would forevermore be a MCDST on Windows XP.
>
> All new certifications will expire, which is one of the reasons the program
> was revamped. I think it is a better system based on that, even if it is a
> little more complex.

> "Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone know if and when a MCDST certification will expire?

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]

"Chance Webster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Isn't it just the MCITP exams you have to take every 3 years or did they
> decide to do that with the MCTS exams as well?
> --
> Chance Webster
> A+, Network+, MCDST
>

> "Montreal MCT" wrote:
>

> > To elaborate somewhat on AJR's answer:
> >
> > Any old certs (going back to MCSE NT4) do not expire. In a nutshell,

> you
> > would forevermore be a MCDST on Windows XP.
> >
> > All new certifications will expire, which is one of the reasons the

> program
> > was revamped. I think it is a better system based on that, even if it

> is a
> > little more complex.
> >

> > "Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > Does anyone know if and when a MCDST certification will expire?

MCTS certifications are considered "Core Technical Skill"
certifications. Meaning they are certifications that validate your
skills on a specific Microsoft technology -- not in a job role
environment. So with that said, the MCTS certifications are set to
retire when the product support for that technology is no longer
offered.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

Montreal MCT

Yeah... what he said!

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

MCDST JC Microsoft Certification 2 02-04-2004 09:52 AM
MCDST beta test (71-272) Waleed A. Nasser Mohamed Hussein Microsoft Certification 2 11-09-2003 03:48 PM
MCDST 71-272 Mohamed Fekry Abdel Ghaffar Microsoft Certification 1 11-09-2003 03:48 PM
MCDST Waleed A. Nasser Mohamed Hussein Microsoft Certification 5 11-07-2003 03:26 PM

Advertisments