Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 70-621(upgrade) is now live and only gives you MCT not both.

Reply
Thread Tools

70-621(upgrade) is now live and only gives you MCT not both.

 
 
Chris Venuti
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2007
You can register for 70-621 exams now. Sorry if this is outdated info.

Also 70-621 will NOT give you MCTS and MCITP it only upgrades your MCDST to
a MCTS
The microsoft site that states that info (under step 3) listed here is
incorrect -> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/default.mspx
I just spoke with the Certification team and they are going to be removing
that misleading info from the website soon.
You can take the 70-622 after 621 to obtain the MCITP. Sorry for everyone
who thought this would be a one exam upgrade for both certs.


Chris Venuti
A+, MCDST


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Chance Webster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2007
Then why on Earth do they call it "Upgrading your MCDST Certification to
MCITP Enterprise Support"? Hmmmm........

You might want consider reading the certification blogs at
blogs.msdn.com/trika before you decide to post bad information. I rarely put
my trust in the MCP call centers with new information. The last time I
called, they gave me the exact same information I saw on the learning web
site (which was still wrong and should have been updated by that time).

Worst case, wait six months. The MCP call center reps might actually be
more informed than the rest of us. In the mean time, enjoy Trika's writings.
some comical, some serious, but still some are...well.....smarmy.

Cheers!

--
Chance Webster
A+, Network+, MCDST
....and coming just as soon as they decide to post it to the
transcripts....MCITP


"Chris Venuti" wrote:

> You can register for 70-621 exams now. Sorry if this is outdated info.
>
> Also 70-621 will NOT give you MCTS and MCITP it only upgrades your MCDST to
> a MCTS
> The microsoft site that states that info (under step 3) listed here is
> incorrect -> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/default.mspx
> I just spoke with the Certification team and they are going to be removing
> that misleading info from the website soon.
> You can take the 70-622 after 621 to obtain the MCITP. Sorry for everyone
> who thought this would be a one exam upgrade for both certs.
>
>
> Chris Venuti
> A+, MCDST
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Chris Venuti
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2007
Chance Webster said "Stuff"

I do actively read Trika's blog as well as many other sources for
information: I never mentioned I called anyone in a "call center" I
physically spoke with 3 people here at the Redmond campus during a luncheon.
And was told the upgrade exam is going over some major scrutiny right now
and will be adjusted soon to only cover a upgrade to MCTS which will be the
prerq for a MCITP.

Unless they are wrong which Is a possiblity I am still going to stand by
what they told me until proven otherwise. I do not intend to start a war
here I am just passing along "juice" as I heard it.

I pray that I am incorrect in my finding as well. However eitherway 1 exam
or 2 exams is no big deal... It's all about the experience you get before
you even take the exam.



Chris Venuti
A+, MCDST


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chance Webster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2007
A war? really.....since when do geeks like us start a war?

per Trika's blog comments concerning 70-621:

70-621 earns the MCTS: Vista and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician. Your
transcript should (and will, eventually) show EXAM 621 and the two
certifications I just listed. Your transcript will NOT show EXAM 620 or 622
(the direct path to earn MCTS Vista and MCITP EST). So if you plan to use 620
as an elective on something, you'll need to take that exam separately. The
tools team is working on why the exams are showing up on transcripts but not
the certifications. Anyone have a contact at Apple we can call???

Perhaps the conversation you overheard was simple brainstorming about the
test when it goes live...whenever that may be.

Cheers
--
Chance Webster
A+, Network+, MCDST


"Chris Venuti" wrote:

> Chance Webster said "Stuff"
>
> I do actively read Trika's blog as well as many other sources for
> information: I never mentioned I called anyone in a "call center" I
> physically spoke with 3 people here at the Redmond campus during a luncheon.
> And was told the upgrade exam is going over some major scrutiny right now
> and will be adjusted soon to only cover a upgrade to MCTS which will be the
> prerq for a MCITP.
>
> Unless they are wrong which Is a possiblity I am still going to stand by
> what they told me until proven otherwise. I do not intend to start a war
> here I am just passing along "juice" as I heard it.
>
> I pray that I am incorrect in my finding as well. However eitherway 1 exam
> or 2 exams is no big deal... It's all about the experience you get before
> you even take the exam.
>
>
>
> Chris Venuti
> A+, MCDST
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbmNlIFdlYnN0ZXI=?=
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> A war? really.....since when do geeks like us start a war?
>
> per Trika's blog comments concerning 70-621:
>
> 70-621 earns the MCTS: Vista and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician.
> Your transcript should (and will, eventually) show EXAM 621 and the
> two certifications I just listed. Your transcript will NOT show EXAM
> 620 or 622 (the direct path to earn MCTS Vista and MCITP EST). So if
> you plan to use 620 as an elective on something, you'll need to take
> that exam separately. The tools team is working on why the exams are
> showing up on transcripts but not the certifications. Anyone have a
> contact at Apple we can call???
>
> Perhaps the conversation you overheard was simple brainstorming about
> the test when it goes live...whenever that may be.
>
> Cheers


I've had actually a not so good experience with the Beta of 71-621. But,
yes, you will have MCITP: EST and MCST: Vista. As Chance said, if you
have an MCDST, go for the upgrade if you know the material. But I'm
letting you know, I did not find the original test easy.

For those of you who are Beta 1 Testers, not those of you who re-took the
exam:

Have you recieved any type of score? From what I understand, there may
be a delay.

If you call the RSC (Regional Service Center), they will mis-inform you
and tell you that the Beta 1 test was thrown out, however they will offer
you a voucher good for the retake of the test regardless.

Trika is actually working on trying to forward the information to the RSC
to correct what they are telling the MCP/MCT Community regarding these
exams.

As far as your transcript, I would contact Microsoft by e-mail at:

US: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Europe (Including UK): (E-Mail Removed)

If you wish to call them, here's the list:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/su...orldsites.mspx

Regards,
--
Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]
MCDST
Join the fight against braindumps!
http://www.certguard.com

Microsoft Webcast TODAY, 5/23/07, at 5pm PST:
Protecting the Integrity of Microsoft Certifications

http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/We....aspx?EventID=
1032337637&EventCategory=2&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chance Webster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2007
Taylor's right. The test was not easy at all....even the second time around.
If you want to know you're ready to take the exam, set up a Vista box in
your lab and start getting some serious hands-on time. There's a learning
curve if you're new to IT, but old hands should be used to major change by
now. Also, the book "Windows Vista: Inside & Out" was really helpful for
reading material. All I can say is Thank God that Vista was in public beta.
I think that's the only reason I passed it really.

Although my opinion is uninformed, I think the reason those that took the
first beta but not the second have not received their scores yet is that MS
found inadequacies in Beta 1 on certain material and needed to rewrite the
exam. In a way, I'm glad they did, but if you didn't take beta 2, don't
expect to pass it - from previous information on Trika's blog, MS is scoring
Beta 1 using the Beta 2 standards. Just an observation though.

Any idea when they're going to FINALLY put the certs on MCP transcripts?

--
Chance Webster
A+, Network+, MCDST


"Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbmNlIFdlYnN0ZXI=?=
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > A war? really.....since when do geeks like us start a war?
> >
> > per Trika's blog comments concerning 70-621:
> >
> > 70-621 earns the MCTS: Vista and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician.
> > Your transcript should (and will, eventually) show EXAM 621 and the
> > two certifications I just listed. Your transcript will NOT show EXAM
> > 620 or 622 (the direct path to earn MCTS Vista and MCITP EST). So if
> > you plan to use 620 as an elective on something, you'll need to take
> > that exam separately. The tools team is working on why the exams are
> > showing up on transcripts but not the certifications. Anyone have a
> > contact at Apple we can call???
> >
> > Perhaps the conversation you overheard was simple brainstorming about
> > the test when it goes live...whenever that may be.
> >
> > Cheers

>
> I've had actually a not so good experience with the Beta of 71-621. But,
> yes, you will have MCITP: EST and MCST: Vista. As Chance said, if you
> have an MCDST, go for the upgrade if you know the material. But I'm
> letting you know, I did not find the original test easy.
>
> For those of you who are Beta 1 Testers, not those of you who re-took the
> exam:
>
> Have you recieved any type of score? From what I understand, there may
> be a delay.
>
> If you call the RSC (Regional Service Center), they will mis-inform you
> and tell you that the Beta 1 test was thrown out, however they will offer
> you a voucher good for the retake of the test regardless.
>
> Trika is actually working on trying to forward the information to the RSC
> to correct what they are telling the MCP/MCT Community regarding these
> exams.
>
> As far as your transcript, I would contact Microsoft by e-mail at:
>
> US: (E-Mail Removed)
> Europe (Including UK): (E-Mail Removed)
>
> If you wish to call them, here's the list:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/su...orldsites.mspx
>
> Regards,
> --
> Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]
> MCDST
> Join the fight against braindumps!
> http://www.certguard.com
>
> Microsoft Webcast TODAY, 5/23/07, at 5pm PST:
> Protecting the Integrity of Microsoft Certifications
>
> http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/We....aspx?EventID=
> 1032337637&EventCategory=2&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Montreal MCT
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2007
Hey Taylor,

I got my exam results in the mail this week for both 70-621 and 70-623. I
passed both, one better than the other.

You know, I have an envelope at home that has all of my exam sheets (pass or
fail) from every cert exam I have ever taken. I am only missing a couple of
them... the first three that I took, and one of my MCDST ones. The first
three must have been lost in one of the four moves since. The last one was
probably left at my office when I left my old company. I wonder if there's
a way to reproduce them (legitimately)...

M

"Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:Xns9939776D460F3TSRIPLEY36526@207.46.248.16.. .
> =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbmNlIFdlYnN0ZXI=?=
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> A war? really.....since when do geeks like us start a war?
>>
>> per Trika's blog comments concerning 70-621:
>>
>> 70-621 earns the MCTS: Vista and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician.
>> Your transcript should (and will, eventually) show EXAM 621 and the
>> two certifications I just listed. Your transcript will NOT show EXAM
>> 620 or 622 (the direct path to earn MCTS Vista and MCITP EST). So if
>> you plan to use 620 as an elective on something, you'll need to take
>> that exam separately. The tools team is working on why the exams are
>> showing up on transcripts but not the certifications. Anyone have a
>> contact at Apple we can call???
>>
>> Perhaps the conversation you overheard was simple brainstorming about
>> the test when it goes live...whenever that may be.
>>
>> Cheers

>
> I've had actually a not so good experience with the Beta of 71-621. But,
> yes, you will have MCITP: EST and MCST: Vista. As Chance said, if you
> have an MCDST, go for the upgrade if you know the material. But I'm
> letting you know, I did not find the original test easy.
>
> For those of you who are Beta 1 Testers, not those of you who re-took the
> exam:
>
> Have you recieved any type of score? From what I understand, there may
> be a delay.
>
> If you call the RSC (Regional Service Center), they will mis-inform you
> and tell you that the Beta 1 test was thrown out, however they will offer
> you a voucher good for the retake of the test regardless.
>
> Trika is actually working on trying to forward the information to the RSC
> to correct what they are telling the MCP/MCT Community regarding these
> exams.
>
> As far as your transcript, I would contact Microsoft by e-mail at:
>
> US: (E-Mail Removed)
> Europe (Including UK): (E-Mail Removed)
>
> If you wish to call them, here's the list:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/su...orldsites.mspx
>
> Regards,
> --
> Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]
> MCDST
> Join the fight against braindumps!
> http://www.certguard.com
>
> Microsoft Webcast TODAY, 5/23/07, at 5pm PST:
> Protecting the Integrity of Microsoft Certifications
>
> http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/We....aspx?EventID=
> 1032337637&EventCategory=2&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US


 
Reply With Quote
 
Montreal MCT
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2007
Hi Chance,

To elaborate slightly on the reasons for the revamped 70-621, 70-622, and
70-623:

Microsoft Learning reviewed the blueprints and Objective Domains for the
three exams and decided that the skills being tested were insufficient, so
the OD was elaborated upon and the Blueprint was redone based on the new OD.
Since there are entire new sections on the new version that were not tested
on the old you are right, it will be difficult to pass the old exam because
the test taker will have ZERO on at least one section of each exam... that
black bar on the score report will be lotsa white.

For the transcripts, the MCITP: Consumer Support Technician should already
be on the transcript. At present there is no date set for the Enterprise
cert.

M

"Chance Webster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Taylor's right. The test was not easy at all....even the second time
> around.
> If you want to know you're ready to take the exam, set up a Vista box in
> your lab and start getting some serious hands-on time. There's a
> learning
> curve if you're new to IT, but old hands should be used to major change by
> now. Also, the book "Windows Vista: Inside & Out" was really helpful for
> reading material. All I can say is Thank God that Vista was in public
> beta.
> I think that's the only reason I passed it really.
>
> Although my opinion is uninformed, I think the reason those that took the
> first beta but not the second have not received their scores yet is that
> MS
> found inadequacies in Beta 1 on certain material and needed to rewrite the
> exam. In a way, I'm glad they did, but if you didn't take beta 2, don't
> expect to pass it - from previous information on Trika's blog, MS is
> scoring
> Beta 1 using the Beta 2 standards. Just an observation though.
>
> Any idea when they're going to FINALLY put the certs on MCP transcripts?
>
> --
> Chance Webster
> A+, Network+, MCDST
>
>
> "Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbmNlIFdlYnN0ZXI=?=
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > A war? really.....since when do geeks like us start a war?
>> >
>> > per Trika's blog comments concerning 70-621:
>> >
>> > 70-621 earns the MCTS: Vista and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician.
>> > Your transcript should (and will, eventually) show EXAM 621 and the
>> > two certifications I just listed. Your transcript will NOT show EXAM
>> > 620 or 622 (the direct path to earn MCTS Vista and MCITP EST). So if
>> > you plan to use 620 as an elective on something, you'll need to take
>> > that exam separately. The tools team is working on why the exams are
>> > showing up on transcripts but not the certifications. Anyone have a
>> > contact at Apple we can call???
>> >
>> > Perhaps the conversation you overheard was simple brainstorming about
>> > the test when it goes live...whenever that may be.
>> >
>> > Cheers

>>
>> I've had actually a not so good experience with the Beta of 71-621. But,
>> yes, you will have MCITP: EST and MCST: Vista. As Chance said, if you
>> have an MCDST, go for the upgrade if you know the material. But I'm
>> letting you know, I did not find the original test easy.
>>
>> For those of you who are Beta 1 Testers, not those of you who re-took the
>> exam:
>>
>> Have you recieved any type of score? From what I understand, there may
>> be a delay.
>>
>> If you call the RSC (Regional Service Center), they will mis-inform you
>> and tell you that the Beta 1 test was thrown out, however they will offer
>> you a voucher good for the retake of the test regardless.
>>
>> Trika is actually working on trying to forward the information to the RSC
>> to correct what they are telling the MCP/MCT Community regarding these
>> exams.
>>
>> As far as your transcript, I would contact Microsoft by e-mail at:
>>
>> US: (E-Mail Removed)
>> Europe (Including UK): (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> If you wish to call them, here's the list:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/su...orldsites.mspx
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]
>> MCDST
>> Join the fight against braindumps!
>> http://www.certguard.com
>>
>> Microsoft Webcast TODAY, 5/23/07, at 5pm PST:
>> Protecting the Integrity of Microsoft Certifications
>>
>> http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/We....aspx?EventID=
>> 1032337637&EventCategory=2&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2007
"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hey Taylor,
>
> I got my exam results in the mail this week for both 70-621 and 70-623.
> I
> passed both, one better than the other.
>
> You know, I have an envelope at home that has all of my exam sheets
> (pass or
> fail) from every cert exam I have ever taken. I am only missing a
> couple of
> them... the first three that I took, and one of my MCDST ones. The
> first
> three must have been lost in one of the four moves since. The last one
> was
> probably left at my office when I left my old company. I wonder if
> there's
> a way to reproduce them (legitimately)...
>
> M
>

Mine were in the mail Wednesday. Very misleading too since I failed it.
The sectional results are well above moderate for the TS, and right at
moderate for PRO. But I got a 653 on it. Odd

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Before 90 of you jump me, I've re-posted this in the MCT group JD MCITP 0 08-12-2009 12:11 AM
MCT enrollment is now open! Ken Rosen [MS] MCSA 7 11-05-2004 07:50 PM
MCT enrollment is now open! Ken Rosen [MS] MCAD 7 11-05-2004 07:50 PM
MCT enrollment is now open! Ken Rosen [MS] MCDST 7 11-05-2004 07:50 PM
Now you see it, now you don't =?Utf-8?B?TW8=?= Wireless Networking 0 09-26-2004 04:33 PM



Advertisments