Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]

"jenno245" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I work in the I.T. field for years but could not just want in and past
> MS tests.
> I am studying right now for the 271 & 272 tests because my job now
> requires it
> but looking at the test through measure up, I know right now I could
> not pass it.
> The main reason is, I don't understand what the question is asking or
> wants.

Two things wrong with this statement:
1.) You are bashing Microsoft for ambiguity of their exam questions
because of your experience with a practice test?
2.) You do not "study" for an exam with practice tests.

> Now I passed the A+ certs w/o studying because the questions were
> straight forward.
> I know of I.T. professionals with advanced degrees and years of
> experience who have
> failed w/o studying because they do not know how much time they have to
> take the
> test and understand what the hell MS is asking (those damn graphics).

You lost me here. You passed the A+ without studying. But others have
failed because they "because they do not know how much time they have to
take the test and understand what the hell MS is asking (those damn
graphics)." There are two more things wrong with this statement.
1.) You always know how much time you have to take an exam. It is told
to you before sitting the exam, and with a on screen counter during the
exam.
2.) Microsoft does not have anything to do with CompTIA's A+
certification exam. Studying for one is totally different than studying
for the other.

> With MS u have
> to understand what they are asking.

Isn't this true for any vendor certification exam?

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

catwalker63

jenno245 piffled away vaguely:

> For goodness sakes. This person just wants to know how many questions
> and how long is the test. If u know and want to share then do so.

Asked and answered so many times it's not worth answering anymore.
Any moron with half a brain should at least be able to get the answer
with a simple google search. Nobody who knows his/her stuff really
cares. That's the material point.

> I work in the I.T. field for years but could not just want in and past
> MS tests.
> I am studying right now for the 271 & 272 tests because my job now
> requires it
> but looking at the test through measure up, I know right now I could
> not pass it.
> The main reason is, I don't understand what the question is asking or
> wants.
> Now I passed the A+ certs w/o studying because the questions were
> straight forward.
> I know of I.T. professionals with advanced degrees and years of
> experience who have
> failed w/o studying because they do not know how much time they have to
> take the
> test and understand what the hell MS is asking (those damn graphics).
> With MS u have
> to understand what they are asking.

Yes, the occasional question is ambiguous and confusingly worded.
I've never had a problem with the graphics (that's a new one). There
have never been enough of those on one test to fail me, however. And
it still doesn't help you study to know how many questions are going
to be on it. I have never run out of time either. If you are slow
reader or have a language issue, you can get extra time. This still
doesn't help you study. Once again, someone has sailed right past the
point and gotten tangled up in details that are irrelavent to the
study process.

--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Montreal MCT

Wow Jenno, I am impressed.

I am not impressed by the content of your post because frankly I did not
read anything new or exciting.

I am not impressed by your cunning or rapier-like wit because honestly it
was well hidden.

I am not even impressed by your A+ cert, nor your impressive honesty that
you acknowledge that you couldn't pass the test without studying.

What really impressed me is that you came in here fresk - I don't know about
anyone else but I've never seen you post - and berate me for how I answered
a question.

Maybe I should go back to signing my alphabet soup:
Montreal MCT, MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS, MCP
Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience.

You see Jenno, I stopped signing my credentials because frankly I don't like
to advertise them, but here they are for your benefit. I have answered far
in excess of a thousand questions in these newsgroups over the past years.
Microsoft has recognized my contributions with the MVP award. I have been
deemed an expert by Microsoft Learning in the field of certifications and
have been invited by them on numerous occasions to present for Microsoft on
the subject of certifications and exams, and on that subject I have helped
them to create about a dozen of them. I have lectured on certifications in
a dozen cities across North America, more often than not wearing a Microsoft
presenter shirt and standing behind a Microsoft podium. I have written
dozens of articles on exam takin strategy. In the Montreal area alone there
are some twenty-five MCPs who will tell you straight out that if it were not
for me they would have never taken or at least passed their first exam.

Yet here you come in, fresh off the street... no credentials, and berate me
for how I answered a question in what no fewer than three people have
claimed to be a more than helpful manner.

Yes, I went above and beyond what was asked. That's what MVPs do. I
certainly took what could have been a 2-line answer and turned it into
another article, many of which have been given various awards in the past.
I gave more information than was asked for... guilty. If you were
unimpressed then I ask you to forgive me and move on.

But do me a favour... kindly don't come into the forum where I basically
live to help (because G-d knows it has been a while since I have asked for
advice in this area) and tell me that I am doing it wrong... at least not
until you have taken an exam or ten, and not until you have helped at least
a few people to do the same.

</step down from soapbox>

Signed, simply

"jenno245" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> For goodness sakes. This person just wants to know how many questions
> and how long is the test.
> If u know and want to share then do so.
>
> I work in the I.T. field for years but could not just want in and past
> MS tests.
> I am studying right now for the 271 & 272 tests because my job now
> requires it
> but looking at the test through measure up, I know right now I could
> not pass it.
> The main reason is, I don't understand what the question is asking or
> wants.
> Now I passed the A+ certs w/o studying because the questions were
> straight forward.
> I know of I.T. professionals with advanced degrees and years of
> experience who have
> failed w/o studying because they do not know how much time they have to
> take the
> test and understand what the hell MS is asking (those damn graphics).
> With MS u have
> to understand what they are asking.
>

> --
> jenno245

Robert Williams [CertGuard]

Great retort, M. I was impressed by his lack of knowledge with the testing &
certification system. Everyone knows that the A+ test was written so that any
tech with 3-9 months of experience can pass it, and that it is a very small
stepping stone into the IT field, but also that it's nothing to brag about.

I have not seen this guy post in ANY of the newsgroups, and I monitor over 3
dozen newsgroups daily. What's more, the guy has absolutely no history in any of
the forums either. It's like he walked in, picked YOUR post out of the thousands
that are immediately visible and posted his drivel to the group. Not to mention
the fact that he posted via mcse<dot>ms (a very large braindump sharing
community).

I have a feeling we won't be seeing this guy around anytime soon.

--
CG

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
>> If u know and want to share then do so.
>>
>> I work in the I.T. field for years but could not just want in and past
>> MS tests.
>> I am studying right now for the 271 & 272 tests because my job now
>> requires it
>> but looking at the test through measure up, I know right now I could
>> not pass it.
>> The main reason is, I don't understand what the question is asking or
>> wants.
>> Now I passed the A+ certs w/o studying because the questions were
>> straight forward.
>> I know of I.T. professionals with advanced degrees and years of
>> experience who have
>> failed w/o studying because they do not know how much time they have to
>> take the
>> test and understand what the hell MS is asking (those damn graphics).

Montreal MCT

Yep... Buh-bye!

"Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <NewsGroups[at[CertGuard[dot]co_> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
>>> requires it
>>> but looking at the test through measure up, I know right now I could
>>> not pass it.
>>> The main reason is, I don't understand what the question is asking or
>>> wants.
>>> Now I passed the A+ certs w/o studying because the questions were
>>> straight forward.
>>> I know of I.T. professionals with advanced degrees and years of
>>> experience who have
>>> failed w/o studying because they do not know how much time they have to
>>> take the
>>> test and understand what the hell MS is asking (those damn graphics).
>>> With MS u have
>>> to understand what they are asking.
>>>

>>> --
>>> jenno245

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

That pretty much covered everything I was thinking... I am voting
this as PotY, thus far of course.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

busted

Hey
Your that chick in Tassie. I will never let you near my computer ever again
You made it worse.

"TheITGirl" wrote:

> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > If you had been around helping people long enough to see the sheer
> > number of times the question is asked about scores, you'd understand
> > why we are bored/tired of that question. As for "urinary olympics",
> > have you never heard of a p!ssing contest?
> >
> > IT Professional Tip: Learn to do a little research.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Catwalker
> > MCNGP #43
> > www.mcngp.com
> > "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
> >

> I don't know if boys still do the p!55!ing up the wall thing nowadays - I
> think my generation may have been the last. I once remember feeling quite
> dejected because I couldn't participate (sniff).
>
> IT Girl MCDST

busted

Give up

"TheITGirl" wrote:

> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > If you had been around helping people long enough to see the sheer
> > number of times the question is asked about scores, you'd understand
> > why we are bored/tired of that question. As for "urinary olympics",
> > have you never heard of a p!ssing contest?
> >
> > IT Professional Tip: Learn to do a little research.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Catwalker
> > MCNGP #43
> > www.mcngp.com
> > "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
> >

> I don't know if boys still do the p!55!ing up the wall thing nowadays - I
> think my generation may have been the last. I once remember feeling quite
> dejected because I couldn't participate (sniff).
>
> IT Girl MCDST

Richard Shepherd

I took mine at a Pearson-Vue Centre. They are generally around 50 questions
and about 2 hours.

As for the questions. They can be a bit tricksey; but you should be able to
discount two immediately as they will be obviously wrong.

It's better to underscore on multiple selection questions if you are not
sure of all of the answers as you still get some points.

Forget measure up.I used www.transcender.com its far more realistic.

I have never worked in the IT field as yet, and I passed.

Kind regards,

Richard

"jenno245" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> For goodness sakes. This person just wants to know how many questions
> and how long is the test.
> If u know and want to share then do so.
>
> I work in the I.T. field for years but could not just want in and past
> MS tests.
> I am studying right now for the 271 & 272 tests because my job now
> requires it
> but looking at the test through measure up, I know right now I could
> not pass it.
> The main reason is, I don't understand what the question is asking or
> wants.
> Now I passed the A+ certs w/o studying because the questions were
> straight forward.
> I know of I.T. professionals with advanced degrees and years of
> experience who have
> failed w/o studying because they do not know how much time they have to
> take the
> test and understand what the hell MS is asking (those damn graphics).
> With MS u have
> to understand what they are asking.
>

> --
> jenno245

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Richard Shepherd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I took mine at a Pearson-Vue Centre. They are generally around 50 questions
> and about 2 hours.
>
> As for the questions. They can be a bit tricksey; but you should be able to
> discount two immediately as they will be obviously wrong.
>
> It's better to underscore on multiple selection questions if you are not
> sure of all of the answers as you still get some points.
>
> Forget measure up.I used www.transcender.com its far more realistic.
>
> I have never worked in the IT field as yet, and I passed.
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Richard

But you do have experience with Microsoft Windows XP and Office XP in a
domain environment, right?!?

--
Michael D. Alligood,
MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST