Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Passed both Test

Passed both Test

joseramonperez

I passed both test 70-271 & 70-272 with 2 weeks of studying , I am not sure
what I want to tackle next can anyone point out what is a good cert to have I
have
70-210
70-271
70-272

Where should I go for here I am confused Please Help

molsonexpert

You've passed three exams, but don't know where to go next, and are
confused? Nice planning...

Presumable you had some general goal in mind when you started, no? Do a
little research on the MS website; maybe start by logging in to the MCP
member site and go through the cert planner?

--
steve.

"joseramonperez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I passed both test 70-271 & 70-272 with 2 weeks of studying , I am not sure
> what I want to tackle next can anyone point out what is a good cert to
> have I
> have
> 70-210
> 70-271
> 70-272
>
> Where should I go for here I am confused Please Help

Montreal MCT

Hi Jose,

Though I agree with MolsonExpert on hos brand of beer, My analysis of your
situation differs slightly from him.

If you are like me you probably passed 70-210 at some point when you wanted
to gain your first cert, and then stopped for a while. You were probably
thinking that you would eventually want to get your MCSE, but fell off the
path.

The two exams that you just passed - 70-271 and 70-272 - are a different
path, and as far as your first senior-level certification you have now
earned it - Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techinician.
Congratulations! If that if your aspiration - to support users in the
desktop environment - then your path should probably take you into the
Windows Vista exams, which are set to go live in the next week or so. There
are two senior-level certs that would map to your career path:

Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Microsoft Desktop Support - Enterprise;
and
Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Microsoft Desktop Support - Consumer.

To obtain these you would need to pass 70-620 (Configuring Windows Vista
Client) as well as either 70-622 (Enterprise) or 70-623 (Consumer).

Alternately you could take the upgrade exam which is 70-621: Upgrading your
MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support.

If, on the other hand, you wish to delve more into the network admin side of
things, you are only two exams away from your Microsoft Certified Systems
Administrator on Windows Server 2003. For that you would take 70-290 and
70-291. Combined with your 70-210 and your MCDST you will be an MCSA.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

"joseramonperez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I passed both test 70-271 & 70-272 with 2 weeks of studying , I am not sure
> what I want to tackle next can anyone point out what is a good cert to
> have I
> have
> 70-210
> 70-271
> 70-272
>
> Where should I go for here I am confused Please Help

Keith Chilton

congratulations on your achievement!

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Jose,
>
> Though I agree with MolsonExpert on hos brand of beer, My analysis of your
> situation differs slightly from him.
>
> If you are like me you probably passed 70-210 at some point when you
> wanted to gain your first cert, and then stopped for a while. You were
> probably thinking that you would eventually want to get your MCSE, but
> fell off the path.
>
> The two exams that you just passed - 70-271 and 70-272 - are a different
> path, and as far as your first senior-level certification you have now
> earned it - Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techinician.
> Congratulations! If that if your aspiration - to support users in the
> desktop environment - then your path should probably take you into the
> Windows Vista exams, which are set to go live in the next week or so.
> There are two senior-level certs that would map to your career path:
>
> Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Microsoft Desktop Support -
> Enterprise; and
> Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Microsoft Desktop Support - Consumer.
>
> To obtain these you would need to pass 70-620 (Configuring Windows Vista
> Client) as well as either 70-622 (Enterprise) or 70-623 (Consumer).
>
> Alternately you could take the upgrade exam which is 70-621: Upgrading
> your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support.
>
> If, on the other hand, you wish to delve more into the network admin side
> of things, you are only two exams away from your Microsoft Certified
> Systems Administrator on Windows Server 2003. For that you would take
> 70-290 and 70-291. Combined with your 70-210 and your MCDST you will be
> an MCSA.
>
> Good luck and let us know how it goes!

> "joseramonperez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I passed both test 70-271 & 70-272 with 2 weeks of studying , I am not
>>sure
>> what I want to tackle next can anyone point out what is a good cert to
>> have I
>> have
>> 70-210
>> 70-271
>> 70-272
>>
>> Where should I go for here I am confused Please Help

BW64

Hi Joser

What you books you used that helped you to pass both exams
--
Bruce Wms

"joseramonperez" wrote:

> I passed both test 70-271 & 70-272 with 2 weeks of studying , I am not sure
> what I want to tackle next can anyone point out what is a good cert to have I
> have
> 70-210
> 70-271
> 70-272
>
> Where should I go for here I am confused Please Help

joseramonperez

CBT Nuggets were very good but is not enough to pass IMO I also had a lot of
work experience with XP