Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > People that studied?

People that studied?

Michael Gossett

What's the number of people that studied for this exam? I've been using XP
since day 1, did not do ANY studying and still passed, albeit VERY CLOSE to
not. 70-271 score was 766 (I was asked 65 questions) 70-272 score was 781 (50
questions) I completed them both in 1.5hours.

John R

"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the number of people that studied for this exam? I've been using XP
> since day 1, did not do ANY studying and still passed, albeit VERY CLOSE
> not. 70-271 score was 766 (I was asked 65 questions) 70-272 score was 781
> (50
> questions) I completed them both in 1.5hours.

I would say, that counting you, at least one. You see, experience is the
best teacher. You've been studying XP for some time now.

Actually, I did not study for 272 and passed easily. I did buy the MS Press
book for 271, but I leafed through it in 10 or 12 evenings and got over 900
on that test. But, like you, or maybe unlike you, I have been desktop
support for about 400 XP desktops for years, as well as a heavy "Office"
user. I decided one day to go for the cert, and I had it completed 28 days
later, and that was only because it took me about a week just to find out
the procedure, and then find a testing place, and then get an appointment.

If you look at the audience that MS recommends, or if you look at certs in
general, they are supposed to be a confirmation of your existing skills,
(thus the name, certification), not like a college degree which gives you
wide and varied learning processes to draw upon.

Congrats on acheiving the cert.

John

Rowan

I too have been working with XP since day 1 and with all previous Microsoft
OS's as well as CPM and now forgotten OS's and architechtures (28 years
working on Computers) but I studied. I found that it was not only knowledge
of the OS's and Apps but the way that knowledge was applied. I have found
that there is a "Techway" if you will and the official Microsoft way and
sometimes they are not the same. So I studied to make sure I understood the
Microsoft way before taking the test