Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > JUST PASSED 70-271!!!!!!!!! :)

Reply
Thread Tools

JUST PASSED 70-271!!!!!!!!! :)

 
 
Brian Carter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2007
I read this post all the time and was nervous while taking the test. I just
passed the 70-271 Exam this morning, however, now I have a question. What
grade scale does Microsoft use? Is it 0 - 1000 and anything over 700 is a
passing grade? I scored a 733 so I just barely made it, but I also can not
find any documentation on this grade scale.

I will be taking the 70-272 next week as this will give me time to settle
down and take a refresher exam prep.

As always, thanks in advance for any comments.

--
Brian Carter
Desktop Support Technician
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
catwalker63
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2007
Brian Carter piffled away vaguely:

> I read this post all the time and was nervous while taking the test. I just
> passed the 70-271 Exam this morning, however, now I have a question. What
> grade scale does Microsoft use? Is it 0 - 1000 and anything over 700 is a
> passing grade? I scored a 733 so I just barely made it, but I also can not
> find any documentation on this grade scale.
>
> I will be taking the 70-272 next week as this will give me time to settle
> down and take a refresher exam prep.
>
> As always, thanks in advance for any comments.
>

A pass is a pass. MS does not publish the scale, only the pass score.
There is no way of knowing what percentage of the test you must get
right in order to pass or whether it is the same percentage for each
exam. It really doesn't matter. You passed. Enjoy it. Then get back
to work.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian Carter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2007
You know what Catwalker?... You're right, a pass is a pass. This is the
first MS exam I have ever taken and I am really excited, now I am getting
back to work.

Thanks.

--
Brian Carter
Desktop Support Technician


"catwalker63" wrote:

> Brian Carter piffled away vaguely:
>
> > I read this post all the time and was nervous while taking the test. I just
> > passed the 70-271 Exam this morning, however, now I have a question. What
> > grade scale does Microsoft use? Is it 0 - 1000 and anything over 700 is a
> > passing grade? I scored a 733 so I just barely made it, but I also can not
> > find any documentation on this grade scale.
> >
> > I will be taking the 70-272 next week as this will give me time to settle
> > down and take a refresher exam prep.
> >
> > As always, thanks in advance for any comments.
> >

> A pass is a pass. MS does not publish the scale, only the pass score.
> There is no way of knowing what percentage of the test you must get
> right in order to pass or whether it is the same percentage for each
> exam. It really doesn't matter. You passed. Enjoy it. Then get back
> to work.
> --
>
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael D. Alligood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2007
"Brian Carter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> You know what Catwalker?... You're right, a pass is a pass. This is the
> first MS exam I have ever taken and I am really excited, now I am getting
> back to work.
>
> Thanks.
>
>


Congratulations.
--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Chilton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2007
What reasoning and logic is Microsoft using to not publish the highest
possible score on the test? I dont understand why they just post the minimum
700 but never the maximum. Any thoughts?

Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting a 1000 or greater on them?


 
Reply With Quote
 
catwalker63
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2007
Keith Chilton piffled away vaguely:

> What reasoning and logic is Microsoft using to not publish the highest
> possible score on the test? I dont understand why they just post the minimum
> 700 but never the maximum. Any thoughts?
>
> Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting a 1000 or greater on them?
>


It has some obscure connection to their idea of exam security. Perhaps
they're trying to avoid a "urinary olympics" event. ($1 to Neil)

Whatever the reson, it really doesn't matter. A pass is a pass,
regardless of the score. The scores never show on your transcript. The
only place you see it is on the sheet you get from the testing center.
You're just as certified whether you get 700 or 970.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Chilton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2007
a urinary olympics? LOL well that would be interesting to watch.


 
Reply With Quote
 
catwalker63
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2007
Keith Chilton piffled away vaguely:

> a urinary olympics? LOL well that would be interesting to watch.
>

Umm.... ew.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

 
Reply With Quote
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2007
Keith Chilton wrote:
> What reasoning and logic is Microsoft using to not publish the highest
> possible score on the test? I dont understand why they just post the minimum
> 700 but never the maximum. Any thoughts?
>
> Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting a 1000 or greater on them?
>
>

Yes, scores in excess of 1000 have been reported in these groups several
times.

--
JaR
Not much over, though
Remove hat to reply
 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Chilton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2007
I wonder if your score goes up if you get the same amount right in 20 mins
as opposed to 60 mins. I guess I'll just keep wondering! lol

"JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uccbP$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Keith Chilton wrote:
>> What reasoning and logic is Microsoft using to not publish the highest
>> possible score on the test? I dont understand why they just post the
>> minimum 700 but never the maximum. Any thoughts?
>>
>> Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting a 1000 or greater on them?

> Yes, scores in excess of 1000 have been reported in these groups several
> times.
>
> --
> JaR
> Not much over, though
> Remove hat to reply



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just passed passed my 3rd test for MCAD David MCAD 1 12-16-2005 06:04 PM
Session("passed") = Session("passed") + 1 error dee ASP .Net 9 04-15-2005 10:47 AM
Just to share my happyness: Passed today 70-290! First try...and passed ;) Hugo Sousa MCSE 12 04-02-2005 12:16 AM
Just passed 2 MOS Exams L. Rogers Microsoft Certification 1 09-26-2004 12:47 PM
Python C extension: Value different if passed as list than if passed as number Anand Python 2 09-11-2003 01:02 AM



Advertisments