Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Part 2 of the series I'm writing...

Part 2 of the series I'm writing...

Anonymous Reader

No MS beta exam in China...

> The IP Address has China written ALL over it.
>
> --
> CertGuard
>
> "Red Swingline Stapler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > "Anonymous Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> Repost: the first reply was filtered, may be because of some keywords.
> >>

> >> Sounds like there is an underground network of capturing test taker's
> >> exam data to produce those B***D****(TM).
> >>
> >> From my own exprience:
> >>
> >> 1 When I arrived a test center on time, they needed me wait 30 mins
> >> before I could start my test. Looks like they needed to make a ghost
> >> image before they let me start. (a beta exam)
> >>
> >> 2 A specific beta exam should give me 210 mins on the test and 60 min
> >> on comment. The exam was at about 150 mins, the 5 mins warning, the
> >> exam ended notification pop one by one and the exam was ended. When I
> >> tried to start the comment session, both pop up showed right on the
> >> beginning. Looks like someone had modified the total appointment time
> >> to force my exam end earily. I suspected that they could release the
> >> remaining 120 mins after I left, so as to copy down the questions from
> >> my exam. The funny thing was that the test center admin gave me a
> >> phishing link and said I should use it to contact Microsoft about that
> >> problem.
> >>
> >> 3. After I passed an exam (not a beta), the test center held my test
> >> record for one week. The online status was freezed as "Pending" or
> >> "Ready to deliver" for 7 days before it finally show "pass". Looks
> >> like someone wanna hold that exam record and crack it. I got over 900
> >> score at that exam.
> >>
> >> 4. When I arrived at a test center, the test center admin said they
> >> can't load my exam record. After sometimes, I was forced to
> >> reschedule the beta exam on another date. May be the exam was
> >> successfully loaded indeed. Someone just wanted to have much more time
> >> to make images of their server and computers.
> >>
> >> 5. When the exam (beta exam) started, I checked the date was correct.
> >> When the exam ended, the printed report showed the date of tomorrow.
> >> It should not be a problem due to timezone difference. Why did the
> >> test center need that one "extra day"?
> >>

> >> I don't trust the test centers. I always try to distribute my tests
> >> to different test centers: Learning Solution Partners, big and small
> >> IT and non-IT Schools, Universities. Unfortunately, it looks like
> >> many of them would do similar things. How much money will the test
> >> admin or the boss of the rogue test center gets, if he captures a full
> >> set of a new beta exam from a test taker, and sells it to T***K***?

> > Out of curiosity what country does this suspicious activity take place?
> > Luckily I have not seen anything so suspicious here at the test center
> > by my house...

CertGuard

Forwarded, I'll keep this thread updated (if I can) about what's going on.

--
CertGuard

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anonymous Reader wrote:
>> Repost: the first reply was filtered, may be because of some keywords.
>>

>> Sounds like there is an underground network of capturing test taker's exam
>> data to produce those B***D****(TM).
>>
>> From my own exprience:
>>

> I'd like to request that you forward the details of these experiences to
> Certguard. Locations of test centers, specific dates, etc. I think you can
> rely on their confidentiality, but you can remain anonymous if you like.
>
> Certguard, I think you should forward this info to your guys at MS, don't you?
> Why don't you let ol' anonymous know how he can send it to you. Is the
> newsgroupsATcertguardDOTcom a monitored addy?
>
> --
> JaR
>
> Remove hat to reply

Anonymous Reader

I think I've written too much here, just because I read your post here right
after I was forced to reschedule my beta exam this morning. I don't have
any evidence in hand. Sorry, that means I won't be able to help you.

I lost my trainer job because I didn't "cooporate" and I am lacking "team
spirit". I am one of the first MCITP and MCPD in the world, but most people
only think I am one of the cheaters just like many many others. I hate
that...

> Thanks JaR, yes it is a monitored addy. This is definitely something I

need to
> follow up on as soon as possible. If what Mr Anon. is saying is true, then

we
> have lots of work to take care of with T/P.
>
> Anonymous Reader, please send me any information you can to
> newsgroups<AT>certguard<dot>com.
>
> --
> CertGuard
>

> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anonymous Reader wrote:
> >> Repost: the first reply was filtered, may be because of some keywords.
> >>

> >> Sounds like there is an underground network of capturing test taker's

exam
> >> data to produce those B***D****(TM).
> >>
> >> From my own exprience:
> >>

> > I'd like to request that you forward the details of these experiences to
> > Certguard. Locations of test centers, specific dates, etc. I think you

can
> > rely on their confidentiality, but you can remain anonymous if you like.
> >
> > Certguard, I think you should forward this info to your guys at MS,

don't you?
> > Why don't you let ol' anonymous know how he can send it to you. Is the
> > newsgroupsATcertguardDOTcom a monitored addy?
> >
> > --
> > JaR
> >
> > Remove hat to reply

CertGuard

"Anonymous Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think I've written too much here, just because I read your post here right
> after I was forced to reschedule my beta exam this morning. I don't have
> any evidence in hand. Sorry, that means I won't be able to help you.
>
> I lost my trainer job because I didn't "cooporate" and I am lacking "team
> spirit". I am one of the first MCITP and MCPD in the world, but most people
> only think I am one of the cheaters just like many many others. I hate
> that...

Leave the evidence up to me. You have given me a foundation to work with, now I
can get the evidence I need by other means.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job, I understand morals don't pay the
bills, but maybe you will find a better job that will not ask you to do
something illegal or immoral.

Thank you and Good Luck.

Please visit us here:
http://www.certguard.com/forums/

--
CertGuard
Get the new 'No Braindump' CertGear

Wayne Anderson

CertGuard, braindumps and so forth are one of my hobby horses. I hold
several credentials from Microsoft (MCA is not one of them) covering several
disciplines and have recently moved into a training position myself. In case
it may help someone, I too have a deep seated distrust for training centers.
Back in the days of NT4, there were a couple of centers in the state of
Maryland (where I was living at the time) that created some pretty wonky
experiences. Further, things were different every time.

When I started a year and change ago for the company I work for now, they
required the full MCSE track and encouraged consultants to certify further
than that. This requirement forced me to re-assess this question of locating
trustworthy certification centers, a subject I had purposely avoided for
years based on my distrust of the certification process. I rapidly pursued
my MCSE 2003 examinations based on my experience with the product and some
concentrated review and found that even within a radius of my home office
location, testing centers vary widely on the experience that a test taker
recieves based on where you are at, who owns the testing center, and in some
cases even who is administering the test.

In my case, I found a few keys to locating trustworthy centers:
Find the testing Centers owned by national chains. New Horizons Learning
Center, etc.
See if the testing center is also a certified learning partner.
See if the BBB has any complaints about the organization behind the testing
center.

Recognize that your comfort with the testing environment and modality WILL
affect your comfort in executing the test. This can imply some effect on
your score.

Taking the time to find a place that you are comfortable with to take test
after test at is worth the time and driving invested. At this point in time,
I use the New Horizons Learning Center locations in my area because I know
several people at the company. I have taken 3 MOC based courses, and more
than 13 exams on site at one of thier locations (including several betas).

Each time the examination is by the book. The equipment is up to date.
They will not put you on a terminal that has been recently serviced. You are
monitored by sound and camera but are placed in a small, enclosed room with
only 2-3 testing stations to minimize noise and to isolate test takers.

Am I, on the whole, more paranoid about the conditions that I take my test
in than the average engineer? Probably. But I feel that in recognizing the
value that the certifications imply on my professional career, and treating
it as an investment including safeguarding the method in which my investment
is carried out, I am ensuring that Microsoft and Myself are both ensured a
high integrity environment to ensure that I have the skills and experience
that my credentials imply.
--
Wayne Anderson

"CertGuard" wrote:

> Well, here it is...Part deux!
>
> The cheating industry that is devaluing IT certification - part two
> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13646
>

> These are the other links I posted from the Part 1 post, in case ya missed
> 'em.
> http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/cisco/
>
> This is part 1 of the article:
> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13341
>

> Some other useful links:
>
> Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
> Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
> Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
> Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
> Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
> Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
>

> --
> CertGuard
> You think you know IT?!?!
> Check out the new 'No Braindump' CertGear:
> http://www.cafepress.com/certguard <-- we sell Thongs!!

Consultant

funny, i do a lot of interviewing and i find the ones who hold mcse's to be
the least knowledgeable

"Wayne Anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13646
>>

>> These are the other links I posted from the Part 1 post, in case ya
>> missed
>> 'em.
>> http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/cisco/
>>
>> This is part 1 of the article:
>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13341
>>

>> Some other useful links:
>>
>> Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
>> Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
>> Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
>> Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
>> Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
>> Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
>>

>> --
>> CertGuard
>> You think you know IT?!?!
>> Check out the new 'No Braindump' CertGear:

I would not speak against that.

It is a matter of understanding the background of the person. One of the
things I tend to rail about when I write (online and otherwise) is the
dis-service that candidates (and employed professionals as well) do
themselves when they concentrate so exclusively on the paper certification
and the tests that convey it rather than understanding the representation of
experience that the certification implies.

The MCSE at present shows an initiative in the material, in my personal
opinion, the _potential_ for a skill fit. It is then up to the
interviewer(s) to determine whether that MCSE designation is backed up by
experience with the product or is rather the product of some of the
agreement-violating behaviors that CertGuard has spoken to in parts I, II,
and III of his recent series.

It is unfortunate that your experience has been with a relatively
inexperienced set of MCSE job candidates but I would point out that such an
experience is not universal. Many of our consultants really come from the
opposite end. Before joining my current employer, I had fairly strong
experience on the Windows platform in multiple enterprise environment but
never really had the time, money, or inclination, as I spoke to previously to
pursue finishing my certification tests.

Hopefully you will find the ongoing measures that Microsoft seems to be
looking at (upgrading the certification path to more focused technical role
based certification, suing braindump vendors, using copyright law to force
such material to be removed, etc) to be of service in raising the future
level of skill and integrity that certified candidates can convey to your
organization.
--
Wayne Anderson

"Consultant" wrote:

> [...]
> >> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13646
> >>

> >> These are the other links I posted from the Part 1 post, in case ya
> >> missed
> >> 'em.
> >> http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/cisco/
> >>
> >> This is part 1 of the article:
> >> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13341
> >>

> >> Some other useful links:
> >>
> >> Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
> >> Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
> >> Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
> >> Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
> >> Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
> >> Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
> >>

> >> --
> >> CertGuard
> >> You think you know IT?!?!
> >> Check out the new 'No Braindump' CertGear:

Excellent advice Wayne, I visited your blog and was wondering how I can contact
of you.

If you'd prefer, you can contact me here (it's secure...well, secure enough to
prevent spam): http://www.CertGuard.com/contact.asp

--
> [...]

>> The cheating industry that is devaluing IT certification - part two
>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13646
>>

>> These are the other links I posted from the Part 1 post, in case ya missed
>> 'em.
>> http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/cisco/
>>
>> This is part 1 of the article:
>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13341
>>

>> Some other useful links:
>>
>> Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
>> Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
>> Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
>> Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
>> Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
>> Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
>>

>> --
>> CertGuard
>> You think you know IT?!?!
>> Check out the new 'No Braindump' CertGear:

Michael D. Alligood

"Wayne Anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I would not speak against that.
>
> It is a matter of understanding the background of the person. One of the
> things I tend to rail about when I write (online and otherwise) is the
> dis-service that candidates (and employed professionals as well) do
> themselves when they concentrate so exclusively on the paper certification
> and the tests that convey it rather than understanding the representation of
> experience that the certification implies.
>
> The MCSE at present shows an initiative in the material, in my personal
> opinion, the _potential_ for a skill fit. It is then up to the
> interviewer(s) to determine whether that MCSE designation is backed up by
> experience with the product or is rather the product of some of the
> agreement-violating behaviors that CertGuard has spoken to in parts I, II,
> and III of his recent series.
>
> It is unfortunate that your experience has been with a relatively
> inexperienced set of MCSE job candidates but I would point out that such an
> experience is not universal.

This is my question: When do we stop blaming Microsoft for the situation
that braindumps, gunmen, and cheaters have placed this certification in?
It is the latter who have devalued the certification -- Microsoft made
it available. Microsoft did not back these exams easy for everyone to
achieve it. However, these individuals have found a way to cheat the
system. What you do not hear about are the various test centers and
individuals that Microsoft have closed down. Funny how that works out.
You always hear what they are not doing right, and never what they are
doing to solve the issues placed before them by hackers, braindumps,
gunmen, cheaters, etc...

This is by no means an excuse for Microsoft to produce crappy software
or paper certifications. However, we as Microsoft Certified individuals
have caused a majority of this issue dealing with the certification
program.

I have heard that the exams need hands-on labs? Would that fix the issue
with braindumps and cheaters? If so, how? Let me explain some of the
ways it will not affect the problem we currently are experiencing with
paper certifications:

1.) The test centers are corrupt.
2.) Favoritism, or the good ol' boy system.
3.) Bribery
4.) Who will proxy these exams?
5.) How will they be graded?

The list goes on and on. But all I hear is hands-on exams -- like Cisco
CCIE. Has anyone looked at the prices for this exam -- plus you can only
take these exams in a hand full of places. So add travel expenses and
time off work. Now look at the current MCSE requirements: 7 exams. How
much do you think that will cost if Microsoft follows the Cisco route.

People need to think before speaking. If you have an idea, voice it. But
if you are just complaining without having a plan to offer, then you are
not helping solve the problem. You are part of the problem.
--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

CertGuard